MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
DocStl
On the road to being a farker

Have to agree with Troy on this one (Smokin Ts). Readjust your payouts and let 6th -10th walk with something. Ribbons are 3.00, Engraved medals 5.00, and 5x7 plaques cost me 5.00 at the Edwardsville contest we ran. I can hook you up with my trophy lady to give you a great deal or price them out. This contest has a lot of potential of being a great event.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

We are considering doing this one. I appreciate the willingness of the O.P. to listen to the feedback he's getting.

I agree that the trophies are nice, but cash makes it less difficult on the bank account.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #18
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Ok guys, I've spoke with several of you and several other teams. Like I said before, none of us planning this event have experience competing or judging so the whole sport is pretty new to us. And after hearing from you guys we understand what you're saying and intend on fixing this asap! We have a meeting on Monday the 24th and we'll nail it down then. Until then, don't count our event out. We are learning and any input you guys have to make it better is what we need to hear. I'll get back to this thread next Monday with the updated amounts and I will change the website as well. Thanks for all your insight!
chuckcockrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcockrum View Post
Ok guys, I've spoke with several of you and several other teams. Like I said before, none of us planning this event have experience competing or judging so the whole sport is pretty new to us. And after hearing from you guys we understand what you're saying and intend on fixing this asap! We have a meeting on Monday the 24th and we'll nail it down then. Until then, don't count our event out. We are learning and any input you guys have to make it better is what we need to hear. I'll get back to this thread next Monday with the updated amounts and I will change the website as well. Thanks for all your insight!
As a potential first time competitor, I would suggest that all you good teams stay home. LOL. Just kidding.....kinda.

Chuck, I pray that the event is wildly successful.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]

Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #20
Divemaster

Quote:
The simple fact that you are willing to listen to us proves that you want to make this event the "Best Damn BBQ Cookoff".

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
As a potential first time competitor, I would suggest that all you good teams stay home. LOL. Just kidding.....kinda.
So that means that I can bring the guys down and do this one... Right?
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #21
chambersuac

well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #22
Divemaster

Quote:
well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.
Awwww Shucks....

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Awwww Shucks....

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....
Thanks Jeff, I still have that from last time you told me to buy it. Glad it'll keep. Although, I am thinking of using green shag carpet cut to the size of the box this year.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
Divemaster

Quote:
Thanks Jeff, I still have that from last time you told me to buy it. Glad it'll keep. Although, I am thinking of using green shag carpet cut to the size of the box this year.
I've seen worse boxes... Unfortunately they were mine....

Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #25
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys!
chuckcockrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #26
DocStl

That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Quote:
Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
Divemaster

That look fantastic!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #28
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

I can live with that! Thanks for listening, Chuck!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #29
ammoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocStl View Post
That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Agree with above, this looks a lot more enticing.
I felt kinda bad for even bringing up "money issues" but I'm glad I did and I would like to second the notion above about your willingness to even listen to the feedback and go above and beyond to make the effort.
Thank You

Now I just have to convince the wife to do this one over a holiday weekend.

Aaron
Big O' Dang O' BBQ
ammoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #30
sprinter
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Great call on the awards Chuck. As others have written, we truly appreciate your willingness to listen to the cooks and their opinions. Congrats on a great first year contest, Smokin' T's are looking forward to cooking with you again this year.

Troy
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbq, benton