• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Projecting sales at events

ynotfehc

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im looking to vend at a few events this summer, and wondering how some of you plan for sales. One event, I'm looking at, is expecting 4,000-5,000 ppl to attend, and are allowing 6 vendors.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to vending (I'd rather run out than make too much). So, someone on this forum mentioned this method and it's worked very well for us: Take the number the organizer gives you, cut it in half, and then divide that number by the number of vendors to get your amounts. So in your case: 6000/2=3000/6=500 servings.

Sure wish I could give you a really good answer, the previous comments are all good starting points, but the guy that can really figure this out will become a very wealthy man. Try as I might I never really know what to expect, and when I do, it changes. I do agree, I would rather run out that to take food home (my neighbors love me when I have a slow event or mis- figure)

If your only open for 3 hours, I think 500 is a good number. Even at 500 thats 2.7 orders per minute.

This past year was my first year trying out larger crowd vending. Based on my area on average we served to 10% of the attendance.

Back