Pellets

getyourrubonbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok, I've got to ask. I recently purchased my FEC 100, but I have not used the pellets that come with it. I have two huge bags, but I heard the base wood in it is alder with a % or flavor wood. Does/has anyone used these pellets and if so what are your thoughts on them?

I'm sure that you will get some hands on advice soon.
I would trust what the manufacturer sales and uses. I think he is pretty successful with cooking and comps. I think they sell their own brand.
I would guess it is like wood, use what is available locally.
Let us know how you like your new cooker.
jon

Are they Traeger pellets or Cookshack pellets? If Traeger, it depends on the source. West coast manufactured Traeger pellets have an alder base. If Chookshack, they are 50/50 hickory/oak.

"recently purchase".

CS hasn't sold traeger pellets since late last summer. If they're a white bag, they're fine.

"recently purchase".

CS hasn't sold traeger pellets since late last summer. If they're a white bag, they're fine.

But we don't know who he bought it from. I know some dealers refuse to send out the Traeger pellets. And some may still have a stock. If he bought from CS direct, then I agree with you. Not enough information in the original post.

Back