MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
battman1
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Richmond Mo. Mushroom Festival

Wondering if anybody was going to it.If so maybe I could help out and get my feet wet.Or just stop by and say high.
battman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

battman, we'll be there. Not sure how much help we'll need (depends a lot on whether Stan comes along for this one) but you're welcome to come by for a cold one and visit about comps and ask any questions you might have. Any knowledge of where we could get a big bag of morels? I hate any mushroom but LOVE those babies!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
battman1

Thanks, I'll stop by and say high..As far as mushrooms go.I can't ever find the dang things and I refuse to spend $40 or $50 dollars a gallon.But I do usually here of people selling them if you want some.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

Man, the weather isn't looking too good for Friday - showers and thunderstorms all day and 45 degrees at night. Last I saw, the only Brethren at Richmond are us and KC Can Crew this weekend. Bring on the shrooms! LOL!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Sounds like P Hill
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
Sounds like P Hill
Yeah except I expect we're on pavement at Richmond... not 100% sure but I think it's in the parking lot of a shopping center. Not sure of how level it is either.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 04-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
battman1

I'm not 100% sure but I think the beer garden is close by too.Not sure if you all like an adult beverage but if it is pretty close you can atleast here the band.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by battman1 View Post
I'm not 100% sure but I think the beer garden is close by too.Not sure if you all like an adult beverage but if it is pretty close you can atleast here the band.
I'm not much into the bands at BBQ contests. I prefer to listen to what I like and relax. Most times, you can't hear to visit with your buddies when the bands are nearby. I guess I'm getting old!
KCBS Member #14287