MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #16
mrjoe
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayvatr View Post
I have used the one in Richmond for several years now and I wrote the RD account number on my card for any of the clerks that aren't familiar with KCBS.......no problems so far.
Even with account# from the KCBS, and the instructions slip from KCBS, they were insistent the promotion no longer exist. My theory is in more bbq heavy areas it's more routine and those RDs are in the loop...Random but once bought a very gently used WSM 18.5 from a man in Richmond..
mrjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #17
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Go to the restaurant depot in Birmingham al.. walk in get a cart shop and leave...you need nothing. If u want to be tax exempt you need a business license other than that they could care less.. all money is green to them...

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #18
mrjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayvatr View Post
I have used the one in Richmond for several years now and I wrote the RD account number on my card for any of the clerks that aren't familiar with KCBS.......no problems so far.
Good to hear, even with the instructions and account # these guys are clueles...Think in more bbq heavy areas they might have a better handle on it..

Old 01-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #19
mrjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Go to the restaurant depot in Birmingham al.. walk in get a cart shop and leave...you need nothing. If u want to be tax exempt you need a business license other than that they could care less.. all money is green to them...
Funny thing, about 1.5 years ago, mine was like that...Just used to walk in a grab a day pass from a basket..Then one day they got all hardcore..That's when I got a KCBS bout year ago..Now they barely will accept that...

Old 01-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #20
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

I just got a call from my RD yesterday asking why they haven't seen me in a awhile.
Built in Bull BBQ Gasser
Mini WSM
22.5" Weber OTS
22.5" OTG Blue
22.5 OTG
Anova Sous Vide
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #21
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR1Rider View Post
The one here in bethlehem PA is great. Never even ask for your kcbs card.

I actually lost mine with my wallet and have to get another one. I need to call the society about it.

So if you're ever near Bethlehem it may be worth the stop off before going home. Very nice people there.
Good to know! I thought about joining and this would be the closest

Old 01-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #22
bri134
Knows what a fatty is.

That's terrible but I'm glad they got it sorted out. The RDs here in the Baltimore/DC area have been awesome. I go to the Cap. Heights location so often they just printed me out a permanent card so now I just walk in, scan, and shop.
Jumbo Joe - Old Faithful
bri134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #23
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri134 View Post
That's terrible but I'm glad they got it sorted out. The RDs here in the Baltimore/DC area have been awesome. I go to the Cap. Heights location so often they just printed me out a permanent card so now I just walk in, scan, and shop.
Same here with me in North Jersey..Showed my KCBS card and got a RD card.
Spoke with the manager first.
DanB

Old 02-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #24
615BBQ
Found some matches.

RD in Nashville is saying same thing about the KCBS account number. Says it's a closed account. He let me in today, but was going to look into it. Anyone contacted KCBS about this?
615BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #25
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

The last time I tried to go in to the one in L.A. - about a month ago - was the most difficult. I usually slide right in, but the woman at the front said the account was closed. I went to speak with the manager & she also said the account was closed, but I could come in anyway - most likely 'cause of my looks and charm - or, more likely, despite that...

Anyway, the woman at the desk was looking right at the screen & following the directions on the coupon from the KCBS website and it said the account was closed. There is occasionally a small amount of confusion that gets cleared up quickly, but this was not that by a long shot.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #26
Blanton
is One Chatty Farker

On of ours in the area has actually gone public. Not sure about the other

Old 02-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #27
LYU370
Babbling Farker

I don't even show them my KCBS card anymore, just walk up to the counter and ask for a day pass. Never a problem.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Saber 500 Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us and enter to win great prizes! It's a BLAST!
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #28
HouseDoc
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
A friend who runs a BBQ biz in ATL gave me a RD card with his company name on it. I scan when I go in, pay sales tax at checkout and charge it to my credit card. Birmingham AL store lacks some of the extras that are available in ATL but the 40 lb boxes of chicken breast, tenders, and boneless thighs keep my boys fed for a lot less! Damn deserts are good too! I believe there is a banner outside the store hanging that reads No Membership Required. Gotta bring a coat to stay warm
HouseDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2017, 11:35 PM   #29
Jabba1221
Got Wood.

I just noticed this when I was reading this thread. There was a post on page 1 with and account number and I compared that to the one I had saved on my PC. They are different so I would imagine at some point the account was closed and they updated it on the KCBS with the new account.
Jabba1221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #30
quamdar
Full Fledged Farker

The one near me is pretty good about not needing a membership too. They do charge tax and don't allow returns though without a membership...
quamdar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Depot, Jetro, kcbs, KCBS Membership, R Depot, restaurant depot