MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #16
Seefyre
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Chris

Luv the Rec Tecs, darn near ordered one before I became a full fledged stick burner. Congrats and lets see those cooks!

Old 11-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #17
chasbates
Found some matches.

Love my Rec Tec got it last spring. Their customer service is excellent give a call if someone does not answer, leave a message even on a Holiday call back within the hour. Very helpful getting bugs worked out.
chasbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #18
Dweverett
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweverett View Post
Love mine. Congratulations!
Just discovered a new feature. If you happen to buy one of the Rectec covers for it (and aren't being careful when removing it) you can really lube up the wheels on the end of the grill with the grease bucket. I'm confident I no longer have to worry about the wheels squeaking. Fortunately, the mat that my wife bought me to put under the grill was safely off to the side so it's still nice and clean.

What a mess. Joking aside though, the cover does appear well made if you haven't picked one up yet. I'm a little worried about how it will be in the winter as it really is pretty snug and might be a challenge when really cold. That said, the black color will help collect whatever heat is available (which incidentally was why the grease bucket wasn't solid today as I expected it to be)

Tags
pellet, Rec Tec, Red Box