MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > Our Fallen Brother

Notices

Our Fallen Brother Brethren. The threads in this forum are in memory of a fallen brother. Please read what has transpired the week of 9/3/06 and say a prayer for KCquer and his family.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #136
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Jeff mentioned something the other day about Scott's meticulous standards when making the baffle. He was a craftsman, more specifically a wood worker. He worked for a company that did custom cabinents for multi million dollar homes. You have to be fussy to satisfy that customer and that Scott was. His attention to detail is what set his apart from others. Curious thing though, when smoking meat, attention to detail is not always that critical of a thing, but it will insure consistancy of the final product.

This came into play last year when we were going to compete together. He got behind and things weren't coming together as he wished so we cancelled the competition. He either wanted to do it right or not at all. This is in direct contrast to another friend of mine that says let's just do it, or as they say: "get 'er done."
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #137
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
Jeff mentioned something the other day about Scott's meticulous standards when making the baffle. He was a craftsman, more specifically a wood worker. He worked for a company that did custom cabinents for multi million dollar homes. You have to be fussy to satisfy that customer and that Scott was. His attention to detail is what set his apart from others. Curious thing though, when smoking meat, attention to detail is not always that critical of a thing, but it will insure consistancy of the final product.

This came into play last year when we were going to compete together. He got behind and things weren't coming together as he wished so we cancelled the competition. He either wanted to do it right or not at all. This is in direct contrast to another friend of mine that says let's just do it, or as they say: "get 'er done."
'Dog, that's probably the reason Scott and I never teamed up. He wanted to organize meticulously and I wanted to jump in with both feet. I'm detail oriented most of the time but I was in too big of a rush for Scott. He definitely had his one time table, didn't he? One of his good qualities!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #138
Gatordawg
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot
Prayers go out to Scott's family.

Guess there are going to be some more blue smoke clouds in Heaven.

Amen, will be looking for those smoke clouds!!
Have wood
Gatordawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #139
Bub-Ba-Q
Knows what a fatty is.

A sad day indeed. My prayers go out to his family.

Bubba
Bub-Ba-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #140
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC
'Dog, that's probably the reason Scott and I never teamed up. He wanted to organize meticulously and I wanted to jump in with both feet. I'm detail oriented most of the time but I was in too big of a rush for Scott. He definitely had his one time table, didn't he? One of his good qualities!
Scott came down and cooked our first KCBS event with us.......we anyalized for weeks before the contest via PMs and emails, and we had never even met until the day he pulled up in his pickup with cooker in the back end. We dabbled in some combinations of sauces, came up with one we agreed on, did our cooking thing and turned it in.....3rd place pork and 2nd place brisket (I think that's right, Scott always corrected me) first time out of the gate. He was hooked, but always wanted to be the best that he could be. So if he didn't cook with you, it was probably because of himself and not who he was to cook with.

Let me say this as well.....I cook briskets at the competitons, but I don't cook briskets...KC cooks the briskets, as he has taught me everything I know about cooking a brisket. Before our first contest, I had cooked exactly one brisket. Hours upon hours of conversation. Ain't a thing I could change that could make a difference, so I don't....sometimes I hit the top ten, sometimes I don't...but that's brisket cooking!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #141
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm at a loss. Have been out of the fray for awhile with the wedding and now this.

The Brethren have truly lost an important link in the chain of Brotherhood.

Smoke up a storm Scott, whever you are, you will be missed by many.

I know who I'll be thinking of the rest of this week and a long time to come.
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #142
ggeilman
is One Chatty Farker

My condolences to the family.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #143
sfisch
is One Chatty Farker

I've been out of town this week too and just read the posts, We'll be minus a brother posting here but those of you who knew him best can continue in and with his spirit. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Scott
sfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #144
thunter
is One Chatty Farker

So sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to his family.

Tony

Pit Happens!

Smokefleet Command
Lang 48 Patio - "Enterprise"
Weber 22.5 Premium Kettle - "Galileo"
Weber SmokeFire EX6 - “Defiant”
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:56 AM   #145
bbqinNC
On the road to being a farker

While I don't know him, my condolences to his family.
Kenmore Kettle Charcoal grill
bbqinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #146
butts
Full Fledged Farker

My prayers go out to his family.

I'm sorry I never got to meet him.
7' X 14' enclosed trailer
ButtsandBreastts BBQ
Facebook: Butts and Breastts
butts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #147
Chris Nickelson
Full Fledged Farker

Default Sorry for everyones loss.

I never got to meet KC, but he was one of the first to welcome me here to the forum. From the comments here, it seems I missed meeting a very inportant person from the bbq community. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

Chris.
Dodge County Smokers

two brinkman R2D2's
Trailer Mounted H & S 2000 Pit

CBJ# 14974 :cool:
Chris Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #148
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Brethren,

We have collected almost $2000 dollars for KC. I have been in contact with the family for direction on how they wanted to use the money, be it a trust for their grandchild or a cash infusion for expenses. We were holding off to see what was needed and how much we would have at the end.

Last night I recieved a phone call from the KCs wife that they need to use the money to cover expenses left behind by KC. I will be transferring the money to Jeanne late today or tomorrow morning. So, if any of you would like to further contribute to our memorial fund for KCquer, Pleease use our paypal account or contact me thru PM.

the paypal accout is at www.paypal.com and the account ID is [email protected].

I truly thank everyone who contributed to this allready. KC's family is going thru some VERY rough times right now and these funds will really help them. The support offered by our family here, to KC's family truely showed me, and us what this group really is made of. In the early days, we coined the term, The Spirit of The Brethren, which meant friendship and comaradirie... but now, it had proven what it really is.. Family. we laugh, play around, have fun together but also share in the tears and sorrow of our brothers here to.. KC is proud of us. He knows we're here for his family and will continue to be. They still need us, for they are going thru some rough times.. Take a moment out today to say a few prayers for them.

thanks again to everyone.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #149
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

today makes it a month since we lost KCQuer. I will be having a a slow drink tonight with a few moments of my own silence to tie up all that transpired this path month.. your all welcome to join me. I will be adding a few videos of the tree planting ceremony and photos to the memorial page also.

I just returned from the bank where, on our behalf, I wired $2,500.00 to KC's family to help in funeral expenses. I spoke to Jeanne and she told me that anything that is left, she will donate to the childrens hospital that takes care of their grandkids.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to KCs memorial fund. Jeanne has sent her heartfelt appreciation..

I too am proud to be one of you, and for KC to be one of us..

thanks again my brothers....

and Smoke on KC!.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #150
MilitantSquatter

Poob - thanks for coordinating the donation... I'm glad we, as a group, were able to make a generous donation to provide some support...
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote