Celebratory Shenanigans on the High Plains - at a snail's pace - w/Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Folks, you'll have to forgive me. As a recent retiree, I move at a snail's pace.

We'll see how tonight goes. No promises...

Using Ludo Lefebvre's Escargot recipe (again)

Whipped up some "Snail Butter" as Ludo calls it.
- Butter, garlic, shallots, parsley, salt, white pepper, white wine, pinch of nutmeg

Ls5Qs34l.jpg

jH1FWIIl.jpg

Stuffed a dozen shells with snail butter, a snail, and more snail butter!

UagRoRAl.jpg

Time to fire up the oven!

YES!!!

I love escargot. Such an old school fine dining fave. Hopefully you are following this up with a dish of Steak Diane

Back in the day Amarillo had Steak & Ale. Escargot was on the menu. I actually used to eat out there, they’re gone. Escargot Top Shelf dining. Enjoy

Had some snails in Paris last summer. They were actually damn good! I'd have them again.

Yours look great.

Oh, good Lawd.

KC Mike's Santa Maria & Carne Crosta really compliment a steak with some fat (a ribeye is my first choice).

CINCHOUSE whipped up some Brussels w/ onion & bacon. We collaborated on my maternal grandmother's blue cheese potatoes (that she served to the likes of William F. Albright in their Wake Forest, NC home).

aEN4MaEl.jpg

The celebration continues Out West! Best to you all.

Looks DIVINE! Tip,,,,try same recipe for snails using mushroom caps instead of snail shells for a carrier and have plenty of good bread to "sop" the juices.A cast iron Ableskiver skillet works wonderfully for a cooking vessel.Don't ask how I know.I also approve of those steak seasonings.They are fantastic.Job well done! :thumb:

Tell me more about those blue cheese potatoes if you don't mind.

Tell me more about those blue cheese potatoes if you don't mind.

I don't even have a "real" recipe... Here's my best shot.

Grandmother Midge's Bluecheese Potatoes:
- Cut your potatoes(2-3) into bite-sized (or slightly smaller) pieces.
- Par boil them until they're about half-way done (I usually test them after 15-20 min) until you can fork 'em 1/2-way with little resistance
- Drain & rinse in cold water
- DECISION TIME!

- If cooking for 1-2 on a grill/camp fire - Build serving-sized foil packets with the potatoes, a 1/2 stick of butter broken into knobs throughout, and 2 oz blue cheese spread throughout Each packet. - Add 1 Tbsp water to each, Salt & Pepper, Seal Well, and cook over 350-ish heat for 25-30 minutes (longer if you want some crunchies in there - You want crunchies in there!). I've also baked these in the ashes of a camp fire with great results.

- If cooking for a crowd at the house - dump 'taters in a buttered Corningware dish, add the knobs of 1/4 stick of butter, 4 oz (or more) blue cheese, 1/4 cup of water, and cover with foil. - Bake 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover and Broil 5-ish minutes for color/crispiness.

Serve.

I don't even have a "real" recipe... Here's my best shot.

Grandmother Midge's Bluecheese Potatoes:
- Cut your potatoes(2-3) into bite-sized (or slightly smaller) pieces.
- Par boil them until they're about half-way done (I usually test them after 15-20 min) until you can fork 'em 1/2-way with little resistance
- Drain & rinse in cold water
- DECISION TIME!

- If cooking for 1-2 on a grill/camp fire - Build serving-sized foil packets with the potatoes, a 1/2 stick of butter broken into knobs throughout, and 2 oz blue cheese spread throughout Each packet. - Add 1 Tbsp water to each, Salt & Pepper, Seal Well, and cook over 350-ish heat for 25-30 minutes (longer if you want some crunchies in there - You want crunchies in there!). I've also baked these in the ashes of a camp fire with great results.

- If cooking for a crowd at the house - dump 'taters in a buttered Corningware dish, add the knobs of 1/4 stick of butter, 4 oz (or more) blue cheese, 1/4 cup of water, and cover with foil. - Bake 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover and Broil 5-ish minutes for color/crispiness.

Serve.
Thank you Sir! I will give it a whirl.

Derby Pie. - Wikipedia says walnuts. We Sutherners [sic] disagree and use pecans.

Make sure you've got your dentist on speed dial!

You need some.

RZsrACJl.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
It's amazing the things I think I'd never try, and then see someone make it look so awesome that I'd love to try it!. Well done, thanks for sharing. :)

Back