MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:37 PM   #286
Shadowdog500
is Blowin Smoke!

Weber posted a video today on YouTube and they now suggest a drip pan while smoking. They set a drip pan on the flavorizer bars in this video. https://youtu.be/2Lxkhz_UZiU

The manual posted online is sill the Jan 14, 2020 version that says nothing about a Drip pan set on the flavorizer bars but I expect it to be updated soon.

I guess this is their fix.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:00 PM   #287
KORND4WG X
is Blowin Smoke!

Seems a 180 but cheaper than a recall. Plus they can sell more of those weber drip pans
KORND4WG X is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-22-2020, 02:46 AM   #288
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

At least Weber is out there TRYING to advertise a work around. It's 100% obvious that their "grease system" isn't as effective as they thought it would be, and it's time for them to just add a drip plate like every other pellet grill (at least all the ones I know of). It seems like during high heat there aren't as many problems, so maybe just remove the drip plate for grilling, and put it in while doing low and slow smoking.

I don't know why I can't pull myself away from this thread...it's like the dumpster fire is still exciting even though I've been watching it burn for a week now. haha

Old 02-22-2020, 03:24 AM   #289
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
At least Weber is out there TRYING to advertise a work around. It's 100% obvious that their "grease system" isn't as effective as they thought it would be, and it's time for them to just add a drip plate like every other pellet grill (at least all the ones I know of). It seems like during high heat there aren't as many problems, so maybe just remove the drip plate for grilling, and put it in while doing low and slow smoking.

I don't know why I can't pull myself away from this thread...it's like the dumpster fire is still exciting even though I've been watching it burn for a week now. haha
You're just hoping the dumpster fire gets hit by a train.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 07:32 AM   #290
Shadowdog500
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post

At this point I am just Hanging around to see what Weber is going to do about it. Is this video Weber’s final fix or is Weber going to tweak the design. I had high hopes for this smoker because I really wanted to buy one. Now I’m glad I waited. Every grill I own is a Weber except for my pit boss that I planned to replace with this Weber. I’ll keep an eye on the forums and YouTube for a while to see what happens.

The other thing I learned during this process is that Weber is no longer a family owned business and is no longer made in the USA. Weber is now primarily owned by BDT Capital Partners which is one person (Byron Trott) who was a Goldman Sachs investment broker who owns a portfolio of companies. I’m hoping that Byron isn't the new Eddie Lampert who is another Goldman Sachs investment broker who is slowly running Sears into the ground.

Last edited by Shadowdog500; 02-22-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Shadowdog500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #291
bald
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Ed

Check out Kevin Kolmans latest Instagram post where he makes a thinly veiled jab at the criticism the grill has received...
bald is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #292
Shadowdog500
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald View Post
Check out Kevin Kolmans latest Instagram post where he makes a thinly veiled jab at the criticism the grill has received...
I don’t have Instagram. wonder what it says?

Last edited by Shadowdog500; 02-22-2020 at 10:28 AM..
Shadowdog500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #293
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Attachment 178423

Last edited by Stlsportster; 09-19-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #294
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
You beat me to it. Bringing your young daughter into an internet slap fight? That's some great parenting there.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #295
Shadowdog500
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Belittling the influencers that they “USED” to help launch their product will go a long way to make sales for the competition. I think the train just hit the dumpster!

I think I’ve seen enough!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #296
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

i actually feel somewhat sorry for them .... but not as sorry/bad as I feel for those who are experiencing problems.
Mike Twangzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #297
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdog500 View Post
Belittling the influencers that they “USED” to help launch their product will go a long way to make sales for the competition. I think the train just hit the dumpster!

Those are great optics on his part for ignoring that he's pouring gas not water onto the fire.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #298
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

so it's safe to say that funneling the grease under the firepot wasn't the best idea in hindsight

Old 02-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #299
StevenZ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdog500 View Post

Yikes, I've seen enough too. Glad I jumped ship now.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #300
KORND4WG X
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
Those are great optics on his part for ignoring that he's pouring gas not water onto the fire.
Or as he would call it a baby flare up
KORND4WG X is offline   Reply With Quote