Whats cooking this weekend? 12/9-12/11

S

Smoker

It's supposed to snow here but I feel the need for smoke. I am gonna try to get some ribs done for a friend whose wife just got home from the hospital.

Next weekend will be a brisket for the office Christmas party, but this weekend since I have to work, may just be grillin time.

I'm going to work on my cold weather smoking. It's going to be a whopping 50 degrees for the high this weekend. Brrr!! (Just kidding you guys up north.) :grin: I'll be doing several racks of ribs to try out some new sauces and sauce applying methods.

It will be 71 here on Sat. for the Ribfest,hope my new Brethren T's get here in time. :biggrin:

Company Christmas parties Friday and Saturday, and an Open House we have to go to Sunday, so no queing this weekend for me. However I cheated and did 4 racks of baby backs, a couple of fatties, and a small double-smoked ham yesterday afternoon. Good to have fresh ribs for a mid-week dinner, and now I got some good stuff for leftovers.

I am getting ready to smoke some Salmon to take to Denver this weekend. I brined it in my special molasses brine. It has a beautiful carmel color to it. It is 5 degrees outside, but I am going to the smoker and get her cranked up for a little party with the Salmon this afternoon. Pic is after brining. http://usera.imagecave.com/kickassbbq/SALMON.JPG
ed

That looks awesome, Ed!

I ain't cookin a damned thing except my arse in front of the fireplace! At least I get to smell wood burning!

Hey Jeff,
Are you still going to the Judge Certification Classes for KCBS in St. Louis in Jan?

kickassbbq said:
Hey Jeff,
Are you still going to the Judge Certification Classes for KCBS in St. Louis in Jan?

Well I'd planned on it but I was told by someone else that there would be a CBJ class here in the KC area soon also. However, I haven't seen it advertised as of yet. If I can't find one by the end of the year, I'll sign up over in St. Louis. I contacted the guy who is listed as the front person and never got even a reply. Not sure if these things fill up quickly or not...

I was supposed to go camping with my son's BSA troop this weekend, but that was cancelled soooooo I was thinkin bout
trying a couple of fatties with a cryo-pack of ribs from B.J's.
also i'm trying to come up with my own sauce using a various assortment fine libations locked in that special cubboard.

I probably need to do a practice turkey, since I've promised to do one for Christmas. I'm excited about the possibility of Qing with snow on the ground-- should be a good time. I've also got a pork loin that's begging me to stuff it with feta, kalamatas, red peppers and spinach before it enjoys a nice toasty sojourn on the grates. Ribs sure sound good, too, now that I think about it.

I have two pork butts and a bone-in pork loin/roast...I got them injected late this afternoon.

The loin roast will go in the oven on time-bake for lunch and the butts will go in the cooker shortly after lunch...they are for a Wednesday staff meeting/Christmas (or Holiday if you prefer!) party.

I think I'll do the chicken tomorrow, too, and can reheat everything overnight for Wednesday. It's a 1.5 hour drive to the meeting site and so I'll get everything hot, toss in the cooler, and transport.

One of these days I'll get to cook fresh que for these yahoos!:biggrin:

I cooked a couple of slabs of loin backs in the Cookshack in a snowstorm! Shortly after I put the ribs in it started to snow like crazy! I think it only amounted to a couple of inches, but it was a whiteout for a while. I rubbed the ribs with Genuswine Cookers Sweet Rib Rub. Not bad...

Chili....then chili dogs,.......then chili frito pie.....if you see a dark cloud over MoFo land, your know where it originated.....:eek:

Chicken practice. Got some thighs yest, removed the skin, put 'em in marinade overnight. They'll go on the WSM later today. Gonna see if I can get good tenderness without drying them out.
Greg

I cooked a small flat, a couple of turkey kielbasas, and a pound of bacon yesterday.

PG, brine them first and that will help with them not drying out.

Am smoking a bone in pork loin , as we speak... brined with pear juice .....injected with garlic gloves,, and am experimenting with paparika less rub

will put chicken breast on in about a half hour.. got the rub from the guy who took second in the Jack in chicken...

will put St Louis style ribs on in about an hour ...with Majic Dust from Peace Love and BBQ

thowing some taters in the fire box about an hour b4 eatin

gunna smoke some cauiflower and onions for veggies

Life is good:wink:

Back