MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
Bobbyd113
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default First cook of the year!!

Whelp folks i hate to admit this is the first time im breaking out the smoker this year. Tomorrow I'm going to do my very first brisket (fingers crossed) some Ribs and some ABTs ill attempt to post some Q-View in the morning! Any Brisket tips would be appreciated!! Wish me luck!
Bobbyd113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You better be getting started if you are gonna eat it tomorrow.Brisket takes a while to cook.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
DBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Weather should be good tomorrow BobbYD, Hope it comes out super!
DBBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2019, 02:33 AM   #4
Bobbyd113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
You better be getting started if you are gonna eat it tomorrow.Brisket takes a while to cook.
its going on in about 15 min about an 11lb trimmed packer. its 12:30 now hoping for a 3-4 pm dinner time

Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #5
Bobbyd113

WELLL didnt get enough pictures. Brisket didn't come out perfect but it still tasted good! Not too bad for my first time though, gotta work on trimming better and not being so impatient pulled at 190 not enough rest time, ribs were fantastic Even used Chef Jimmyj's foiling juice which was AMAZING used the leftover syrup for my pancakes and sausage lol. The stall on the brisket was ROUGH wrapped at 630am at 155* and it didnt break 170 untill almost 1pm!!! did i do something wrong or is that just the nature of the beast? other than that ill call it a win! Hope everyone had a great memorial day

Old 05-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #6
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Sure looks good from here.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2019, 10:55 PM   #7
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

What temp were you cooking at? It was either super low or your probes were reading wrong. A 6 hour stall on an 11 or 12lb brisket is off.

I dont mean this as criticism but help, as I remember my first brisket - 190* is too low to pull in almost any scenario and judging by the pics, there is a good amount of unrendered fat. Based on that and the stall duration I am guessing you were cooking at a lower temp than you thought.

Brisket is hard, and practice makes perfect good job

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
Bobbyd113

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post
What temp were you cooking at? It was either super low or your probes were reading wrong. A 6 hour stall on an 11 or 12lb brisket is off.

I dont mean this as criticism but help, as I remember my first brisket - 190* is too low to pull in almost any scenario and judging by the pics, there is a good amount of unrendered fat. Based on that and the stall duration I am guessing you were cooking at a lower temp than you thought.

Brisket is hard, and practice makes perfect good job
NO i appreciate the help! i believe my thermometers and probes are off i have an oven thermometer and it was reading about 230-250 i have a meater probe and it was reading 230 ambient is 225-250 good? or should i run hotter?

Old 05-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #9
4ever3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Oh I’d be on all that like stink on a MONKEY!!!

Nice work!

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote