Clearance Walmart Pitboss at a Comp Round 2??

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
While this is "comp" (as the kids call it) related I figured since this is a classic "bargain barrel" Pitboss typically used at home I'd just go ahead and post it in here to show folks what can possibly happen with a $109 clearance easy bake oven :becky:. Wasn't planning on another cook before the wife pops again, but giving this a go in what looks like upper 90's weather :loco:. Super pregnant women love heat I heard :twitch:

Here are the shenanigans last time in March

Will be heading tonight a few hours east to Augusta for the Banjobque. Did this one back in 2013 so it's been a while, but the payout is nuts and wanted to give it another whirl. 60+ teams (similar to last time) and we'll see how it goes cooking everything on the Pitboss Copperhead. Lots of strong teams since the prize money is so large.

Got the Pitboss loaded last weekend. The new wheels made it so much easier this time. Could lean it back on 2 wheels and just pull it in.
QCwbwzrl.jpg

I had butts and chicken in the freezer ready for whenever we did this again
TKvQuYel.jpg

ZEFnrW6l.jpg

Trimmer ribs this week that I also pulled from the freezer. Extra tenders
hdzsGOMl.jpg

ud3YmBOl.jpg

OLDEaDkl.jpg

1op4p8Sl.jpg

And a SRF black. Was semi-oddly shaped in the package, but ended up being good. I'm happy with it and just as good as last time that got a call up.
HV5siyKl.jpg

z7b2Zqql.jpg

YJDOIyRl.jpg

uc1eHXIl.jpg

rm5giDTl.jpg

vTG799ul.jpg

Wife made peach cheesecake for their dessert which itself pays $1000 for 1st :twitch::twitch:. She won it back in 2013, but they didn't have any prize money other than a trophy so she wants revenge :clap2::becky:
bDLJoOQl.jpg

Also have one drum loaded like last time. I won't use it unless the Pitboss dies. As dumb as I am I can't risk not having a back up :-o
jgFjnPQl.jpg

Should be fun other than the heat. Bringing my kids tiny pool to cannonball into though!

Good Luck and have fun Put a cold wet wash cloth over the back of your neck It drops your core body temp and will make you less susceptible to heat prob It works They do this in AZ 25% of body heat is released through your head
If your pregnant bride loves the heat she is the first that I know about
I want some of that cheese cake

Wow!
Looks to be a fun time!
Banjo B Que, that sounds like heaven to me!

And Congratulations on the Baby Bump! :clap:

(Ya poked a little fun at her, and she took it seriously.) :laugh:

Say, are you a picker? Or is she?

This is going to be a fun ride! Good luck on the "comp"! :mrgreen:

That's a great looking trim job on all of the meat, definitely somewhere I need to step my game up on

Backup... funny! You only need 1 if you don't have 1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is going to be interesting and HOTTTT, so best of luck to you. My wife was pregnant during the summer and if your wife is a fraction as uncomfortable as she was, my well wishes go out to you.

It is going to be interesting and HOTTTT, so best of luck to you. My wife was pregnant during the summer and if your wife is a fraction as uncomfortable as she was, my well wishes go out to you.

Thanks. She's a boss. Does nothing but work on her feet all day and will till she pops. She was the one to suggest the kiddie pool so I can keep cool :-D

Good luck and stay cool! Love watching you use the Copperhead at Comps. I need to invite the family over so I have a reason to fire mine up.

Wow. That seriously is baller. Are you two sharing a RV Slot?

Add me to the list of people that love seeing the Copperhead in use like this. I've referenced your other post several times when I was trying to figure out how to do something on my own Copperhead.

At least it's a dry heat.... um, wait, where is Augusta again?

Good luck and looking forward to following the posts!

My daughter is in the hospital right now working on the birth of her first. She's been pretty miserable and it's been a cool spring up here in CT. I can't imagine her in that kind of heat.

How does the new location look since the contest has moved this year?

Back