Thanks IamMadman!--A Must Try BBQ Salad

It was looking pretty good, then you hit me with the chicken cracklins. Beautiful! :clap2:

Wow. That's a whole new level!

We've destroyed some Cornell bird thanks to Bob... and I completely agree on the skin factor... but good Lord almighty!

Keep filling my head with ideas, mate.

Wow. That's a whole new level!

We've destroyed some Cornell bird thanks to Bob... and I completely agree on the skin factor... but good Lord almighty!

Keep filling my head with ideas, mate.

Thanks brother! Gotta do Cornell chicken all on it's own next time which I should've done to begin with but this was stupid good.

Last edited:
The whole meal looks great Sako but the chicken cracklins is an awesome idea!

Outstanding as always! My wife and I will sit around and sift through Chef Tom's vids a few times a week looking for something new and not obscenely unhealthy. I don't know how we missed this one, but I can assure you it'll be tried within the next week!
Thanks for sharing!

A few of the things I'd really like to point out about Cornell Chicken when properly used (as close to 24 hours in the brine/marinade as possible and then cooked over very hot coals).

You really nailed the cook with perfection here.

Cornell doesn't really add a lot additional flavor to the chicken, but it does brings out the natural flavors and natural sweetness of the chicken. I suggest your first cook use Cornell alone and on your subsequent cooks, season to your tastes if you need to. This allows you customize your flavors, as you will then know what to expect as the base flavor from Cornell Sauce.

It does however add a ton of moisture into the meat, so much so that it drips when you bite into the meat, it is so tender, and almost melts in your mouth. NO MORE DRY Chicken......

The skin; when the chicken is cooked properly over hot coals, jogging back and forth between direct and indirect heat, the skin always comes our crisp and paper thin. It is so good that one wants to eat just the skin (LOL).

One comment I hear from time to time is that some say they taste vinegar in the chicken. I dislike vinegar, but can tolerate very small amounts of it, I have never tasted vinegar in the chicken; so I attribute it to the fact that maybe it wasn't cooked over very hot coals as Dr. Baker instructed it to be done.

Cornell and Chiavetta's are similar, with Chiavetta's having much more vinegar in the mix. Many local Volunteer Fire Departments and Churches use these marinades/brines in fundraising. 1,000's of take out dinners are sold out weeks and even a month in advance of the event. These are so popular and in demand that they have to sell tickets in advance for these takeout meals.

The perfect addition for the most enjoyable chicken barbecue dinner. Chicken on a grill, mouth-watering smoke and aroma filling the air, and everyone getting hungrier by the minute. It’s like standing at the podium conducting the philharmonic- turning the chicken as you baste it with the sauce.

When used as a marinade and basting sauce, the chicken turns to a golden brown color as the flavor is infused by marinade drippings onto the hot flames. Chicken never tasted so good, and your neighbors will be led over to your patio or deck once the smoke aroma reaches their noses. One taste of this chicken would make even the Colonel lick his lips!

I also suggest marinating in Zip-Lock bags, you use less marinade, thus much less waste or loss.

Nice Salad Neighbor !

I could toss the chicken and just eat the skin!

I see all this boneless skinless chicken and think...…… How can I get all that skin?

Nice Salad Neighbor !

I could toss the chicken and just eat the skin!

I see all this boneless skinless chicken and think...…… How can I get all that skin?

I feel the same way about pork. It is such a shame that butchers today are too lazy to scrape hogs. I mean pork is good without it, but add a little of that crispy skin, and it is ridiculous.

Oh man, I'm going to have to steal the chicken skin as bacon bit/crouton idea. That salad looks insanely good!

Now I want to make Caesar salad with piri piri spicy chicken and table side made from scratch Caesar dressing.

The whole meal looks great Sako but the chicken cracklins is an awesome idea!

Thanks Norm!

Outstanding as always! My wife and I will sit around and sift through Chef Tom's vids a few times a week looking for something new and not obscenely unhealthy. I don't know how we missed this one, but I can assure you it'll be tried within the next week!
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Yes, It's one of the few BBQ channels I subscribe to. I like his style and love the production too and the constant use of Yoder YS640 :clap2:

A few of the things I'd really like to point out about Cornell Chicken when properly used (as close to 24 hours in the brine/marinade as possible and then cooked over very hot coals).

You really nailed the cook with perfection here.

Cornell doesn't really add a lot additional flavor to the chicken, but it does brings out the natural flavors and natural sweetness of the chicken. I suggest your first cook use Cornell alone and on your subsequent cooks, season to your tastes if you need to. This allows you customize your flavors, as you will then know what to expect as the base flavor from Cornell Sauce.

It does however add a ton of moisture into the meat, so much so that it drips when you bite into the meat, it is so tender, and almost melts in your mouth. NO MORE DRY Chicken......

The skin; when the chicken is cooked properly over hot coals, jogging back and forth between direct and indirect heat, the skin always comes our crisp and paper thin. It is so good that one wants to eat just the skin (LOL).

One comment I hear from time to time is that some say they taste vinegar in the chicken. I dislike vinegar, but can tolerate very small amounts of it, I have never tasted vinegar in the chicken; so I attribute it to the fact that maybe it wasn't cooked over very hot coals as Dr. Baker instructed it to be done.

Cornell and Chiavetta's are similar, with Chiavetta's having much more vinegar in the mix. Many local Volunteer Fire Departments and Churches use these marinades/brines in fundraising. 1,000's of take out dinners are sold out weeks and even a month in advance of the event. These are so popular and in demand that they have to sell tickets in advance for these takeout meals.

The perfect addition for the most enjoyable chicken barbecue dinner. Chicken on a grill, mouth-watering smoke and aroma filling the air, and everyone getting hungrier by the minute. It’s like standing at the podium conducting the philharmonic- turning the chicken as you baste it with the sauce.

When used as a marinade and basting sauce, the chicken turns to a golden brown color as the flavor is infused by marinade drippings onto the hot flames. Chicken never tasted so good, and your neighbors will be led over to your patio or deck once the smoke aroma reaches their noses. One taste of this chicken would make even the Colonel lick his lips!

I also suggest marinating in Zip-Lock bags, you use less marinade, thus much less waste or loss.

Thanks for the wealth of info like always Bob! It was excellent but I quickly realized I should've had the chicken as is and cooked like you mentioned. Zip lock bags it is next time. Makes complete sense and I mostly marinate in them but this time around I used the container for no apparent reason. :laugh:

It was a beautiful golden color on them for sure and super moist. Didn't even baste or used any other seasoning with it. As good as the pics show it they don't to justice. Funny you mentioned vinegar because my dad also dislike vinegar and anything you give him with vinegar he will not eat. I can totally see him liking this due to very subtle vinegar taste and no sugar. That's another thing he hates. :laugh:

You've got me ready for round two now. :biggrin1: Thank you again!

I rarely say this but I think I will just have the salad!

Oh man, I'm going to have to steal the chicken skin as bacon bit/crouton idea. That salad looks insanely good!

Now I want to make Caesar salad with piri piri spicy chicken and table side made from scratch Caesar dressing.

Sound wonderful ulc. The skin is killer for sure.

I really want that, definitely need to look up that State Fair Chicken Sauce.

Back