What is a good pizza oven to buy that is modestly priced????

Also, pro tip..if you are too lazy to make your own dough or pizza night comes around as spur of the moment. Hit up your favorite pizza shop in town and more likely than not they will sell you their dough already in proportioned balls. They'll only charge a $1 or $2 which makes it great.

We are thin crust fans. I'm surprised I've not seen any info here about anyone doing it. Could be a regional thing. Hard to beat the brick oven ones we order though.

pvGWCtG.jpg
Perhaps regional, but I'm a big fan of the thin cracker crust pizza as well. I like the crunch of the crust.

Give LuziAnn a big hug for me.

Robert

On a side note, i just ordered an uuni pro as they are running a special for national pizza month where they are throwing in a bunch of extras including the gas attachment. I will be reporting back on my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

I went to their website, but do not see any special. Do you have to use a coupon code?

Thanks,

Robert

Don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention the Kettle Pizza oven. Pretty sure i’ve seen some Brethren happy with that product...sounded interesting to me but don’t know too much about it.
Think this will be my next accessory purchase along with the SS plate that fits on top for radiant heat to help cook the top of the pie. I've used just baking steel in the kettle with mixed results, think the KPO and SS plate will give me the consistent results I'm looking for.

We are thin crust fans. I'm surprised I've not seen any info here about anyone doing it. Could be a regional thing. Hard to beat the brick oven ones we order though.

pvGWCtG.jpg
Thin crust is what I order when we go out to eat pizza-once a year, roughly.

On a side note, i just ordered an uuni pro as they are running a special for national pizza month where they are throwing in a bunch of extras including the gas attachment. I will be reporting back on my thoughts.

I went to their website, but do not see any special. Do you have to use a coupon code?

Thanks,

Robert[/QUOTE]

Here is the link. Same base price, but you get some nice extras. Highly tempting.

https://ooni.com/products/uuni-pro-...zB8uA2W-JuaFl45nk3fWivCIx_i0mOZRoCc5UQAvD_BwE

I'm being lured by the siren call of the Uuni as well. But, I'm trying to be practical - I've been making awesome sourdough and standard crust pizzas in my oven for 30 years. Never once have I thought - "this pizza is mediocre, I really need to find a better way of doing this". But along comes this sleek, shiny, sexy Uuni - scented with wood smoke and charred sourdough and Italian sausage. She's hard to resist.

There should be second hand uuni 3 and 2's around since the arrival of the uuni pro (I got a 2nd hand uuni 3). There is not much that can break or go wrong with one (except for the stone), so that could be an option?

well im a little torn.... I might start out in my oven.... but I also have one of my big warming cabinets that is about done..... think ill try that also that way I can get the wood taste too... I bet I make a mess starting out...... I like the thin crispy crust like toast.... and meat lovers

A CI pan can be used to make a thinner crust, too. You just press it out with your fingers. If it doesn't want to stretch anymore, just wait a few minutes and it will relax and stretch out more. It would at least allow you to see if you really have the bug.

done_zpslvnw8ug2.jpg

Pizza10-13_zps1a1d1392.jpg

That's my issue as well. Love the process, it makes good pizza, but we like the wood taste the kamado imparts. Where are you putting the foil pouch and how's it working for you?

I make a pellet pouch using foil, poke several holes in it, then use tongs to hold it over the fire to get started. Then I place it directly on the pizza stone. If the pizza is small, I leave it there. If the pizza is big, I let the oven fill with smoke then remove the pouch and shove the pizza in.
I'm planning on hanging the pouch using wire, but haven't tried that yet. lol

I love wood flavored pizzas, the only down side to the Blackstone. imo.

If you figure out a better way, please keep me posted! Thanks! :grin:

well im a little torn.... I might start out in my oven.... but I also have one of my big warming cabinets that is about done..... think ill try that also that way I can get the wood taste too... I bet I make a mess starting out...... I like the thin crispy crust like toast.... and meat lovers

Follow your heart! Pizza is going to be good regardless!

Cowgirl,

How about an AmazingTube or something like that? There are ones with a rectangular shape so they don't roll around.

I make a pellet pouch using foil, poke several holes in it, then use tongs to hold it over the fire to get started. Then I place it directly on the pizza stone. If the pizza is small, I leave it there. If the pizza is big, I let the oven fill with smoke then remove the pouch and shove the pizza in.

Does this make a noticeable difference in the end product? Also, at what temperature do you usually cook? Thanks.

Cowgirl,

How about an AmazingTube or something like that? There are ones with a rectangular shape so they don't roll around.
Thanks Ed! I'm not a huge fan of the Amazing products. It would be too big for the oven anyway. Thanks for the idea though!

Does this make a noticeable difference in the end product? Also, at what temperature do you usually cook? Thanks.

It depends on the type of wood pellets and also the wind. I've had varied results. lol
For pizza I like to heat the oven up for 10 minutes, then crank the heat back down til it gets to 425 to 450F. Seems to work ok for me. :grin:

For the money, the blackstone is hard to beat. Pretty versatile unit. I haven’t cooked a pie in 6-8 months on mine but gave it a whirl tonight and had some success

f9437f2003c7584b1f5def12469837fa.jpg

d95c4fe7e83a5a30891f0a9ddb14c565.jpg

a3bf31e16bb53e220a92988e2dba21e7.jpg

8506c4e09f9ca9e8889577a8b84f9be4.jpg

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pizza Party just entered the small/portable pizza oven market with the gas fired Ardore! Nice looking oven from a company that gets a lot of great reviews. Ordered mine yesterday from Italy, tracking shows it will be here Friday...my UUni took longer from stateside!

Back