MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
BigGar
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Ham, Chickens, fatty's, ABT's, beans, Pron

Kids all came home for the weekend and wanted Dad to work his azz off cooking for them all day

injected ham with apple juice, pineapple juice, worcestershire and soy sauce

then rubbed it down with my favorite rib rub

spatchcocked and brined a couple chickens overnight and rubbed 'em with tony C's

Mixed up some beans, made a couple fattys with my homemade sausage, made 20 ABT's with little smokies in em, smoked with a mixture of hickory and apple pellets. here's what it all looked like on the smoker

used every square inch I had, knew I shoulda bought a bigger one but this was what I could afford.
my 1st time making ABT's, they are gonna be on every time I fire it up from now on.

got so busy when I was taking it off forgot to get pron, but everything turned out great, ham was a little dry around the outside, but tasted amazing

Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
bbq ron
is one Smokin' Farker

nice very nice
bbq ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

A full smoker is a happy smoker!! Those are some great looking groceries. How bout a little info on the beans. They look killer!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Mad Max
is Blowin Smoke!

looks good.
Weber 22.5 Blue Kettle (CL rescue)
Turkey Fryer
Superbly accurate, ferociously fast,
RED THERMAPEN

"Certified MOINK Ball Maker" 2008
www.southerntreats.blogspot.com
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
BigGar
Knows what a fatty is.

my beans were,
4 cans of pork and beans, drained the juice off 3 of them (and picked out the nasty little things they call pork)
1/2 lb pork sausage
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 an onion
2 TBSP mustard
favorite BBQ rub
favorite BBQ sauce

I fried up the sausage and chopped bacon, added minced onion and sauted a couple minutes, added to beans, put in the mustard, sprinkled some rub across the top, and dumped some sweet baby rays in til it tasted good, at least a cup , just whatever tastes good to you, then on the smoker for about 3 hrs, stirring occasionally

they were very good, everyone loved 'em