• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmasters: Season 3 - Auditions

What I'm concerned with is that they are bringing back Myron, Art and Warren.

Maybe it'll be a hybrid show, a mix of season one and two?

Eric

If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

Heck, I won't even eat MY competition ribs and they are free!

http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit.htm

I'm not too optimistic as it seems as if they will be following the same mode as last season and not season 1.

It will still be pretty cool to see lots of Brethren on there, so get your video ready and apply now!

Eric

If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

We had a very minor part working with 3 Eyz BBQ
But that minor part has closed more catering deals than anything else

I'll wait and see...if they repeat the season 1 format I'm in...if not there are plenty of other shows to watch...:cool: Either way...not interested in submitting a video but thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

Last edited:
If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

I am hoping they want to see a couple of twins fighting each other during a contest. HAHA

I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

Yes, I guess. We should probably be grateful for a third season. This forum has benefited greatly from the show. I've got a clue since I was a moderator that had to deal with the growth coming from season 1.

I haven't heard too many complaints from the folks that have been on the show. The complaints I have heard or read have come from those that weren't. Hindsight is perfect.

Instead of starting to pick something apart before it's rolled out, how about supporting it and hoping that it represents us well.

I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

Agreed...I would DEFINITELY tune in to support our Brethren teams...if only just to flip them chit on Monday...:becky:

I am a little confused why the title of the web page says season 2 but the website says season 3.

<title>BBQ Pitmasters Season 2 begins shooting in May</title>

I hope it comes back with either format.

Edit: If you follow the link to TLC it shows a video from season 2.....something smells here. This company tbazone.com is concerning.

Heck, I won't even eat MY competition ribs and they are free!

When we are in Madison I'll eat some of yours:eyebrows:

Sure, what do you know, your a judge! LOL

(OK, ducking for cover now!!!!!)

Yes, I guess. We should probably be grateful for a third season. This forum has benefited greatly from the show. I've got a clue since I was a moderator that had to deal with the growth coming from season 1.

I haven't heard too many complaints from the folks that have been on the show. The complaints I have heard or read have come from those that weren't. Hindsight is perfect.

Instead of starting to pick something apart before it's rolled out, how about supporting it and hoping that it represents us well.

when the actors in the movies write the reviews for their own films this position might hold water. of course those who were on the show didn't complain.

thumbs up to all who benefitted, but let's face it, season 2 was a disappointment for alot who watched expected better or different.

*edit* not better from the competitors, but better from the format.

Last edited:
I LOVED season 3. People cooked, had to be creative, and we all knew somebody. Great formula .

I LOVED season 3. People cooked, had to be creative, and we all knew somebody. Great formula .

this new server IS fast. you already watched season 3?

i loved watching people cook i am freinds with here, but disliked how they were judged, save myron.

Back