Got the barrel. It came with ash catcher :grin:
i6auNKj.jpg

LUlFAqy.jpg

Last edited:
Need to resize your pics - on Imgur use bbcode Large thumbnail

Are you talking about using the pipe/valve in the pic for intake ? It reduces at valve - doesn’t appear 2.3 inches - the port in the side may be 2.3 inches - may need more intake than that.

I have issues with BBCODE... The pipe that you see is existing pipe from barrel. Tommorow, we will weld the 2.3 inch tubes. Should i keep exhaust in the middle ornshould i move it elsewhere, given that i have only one intake port? Should intake tube be run inside the barrel (to the middle of barrel) or is it ok to be flush with barrel wall? Is heat deflector advised? Are there any recommended designs?

I have issues with BBCODE... The pipe that you see is existing pipe from barrel. Tommorow, we will weld the 2.3 inch tubes. Should i keep exhaust in the middle ornshould i move it elsewhere, given that i have only one intake port? Should intake tube be run inside the barrel (to the middle of barrel) or is it ok to be flush with barrel wall? Is heat deflector advised? Are there any recommended designs?

I made several and always put exhaust in the center but probably doesn’t matter.
I built 2 T shaped UDS with a single 2 inch intake tube to center under charcoal basket and it worked well.

Thanks Smithy. I have decided to do the same... To run tube inside the middle of smoker ( almost completely at the bottom of smoker), also with 45° cut to alow air to escape exactly at the middle of basket... Something like this.

vtjYPq1.png

I hope it will work well :)

Back