MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Matt N.
Got Wood.

Default Good Deal?

I found a hardscape/lumber yard that has 5 or 6 of the old paddle wheel CS-570's. They are selling them for $740 a pop. Good deal? I asked if the new digital thermostat could be installed in the old model and the guy told me no. Anybody know if this guy is right or not?
Matt N. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
BBQSamYesIam
Knows what a fatty is.

I got my 680 (with auger and digital control board compatible) for less than that! Unfortunately it looks like www.auto-rain.com has raised their prices back to close to retail. They were offering some great deals in the fall. Be patient and keep looking, I would say!
BBQSamYesIam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #3
Matt N.
Got Wood.

Yeah I saw those deals this fall and I really wanted to order one. The problem being, it was going to cost an additional $315 to have it shipped to my house. They said they could deliver it to the nearest service center for $190, but when I went to look up the address they claim as the nearest service center, it appears to be just some big warehouse in an industrial park. I wish there were more places, close to me, that sold the country smokers. The older model that I mentioned in my original post is over 100 miles from me and that is the closest dealer. There is one in NH that is about the same distance away. That might be worth looking into to take advantage of no sales tax.
Matt N. is offline   Reply With Quote