• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

There's a fella here that makes custom, plasma cut steel for the BBQ folks.
He made Cowgirls grill/grate. I'm sure he could make a neat looking custom door for you.

What did you decide to go with?

I was leani g towards custom fabrication, but those are some prtty good prices.

I like the woodeze better. Made in the USA! Matches the build !:clap:

What did you decide to go with?

I was leani g towards custom fabrication, but those are some prtty good prices.

I think i got the second one. The 8x10, its just the right size, and you cant beat the price, ill probably put it in this weekend.

There's a fella here that makes custom, plasma cut steel for the BBQ folks.
He made Cowgirls grill/grate. I'm sure he could make a neat looking custom door for you.

Bob ive got the door in line, however i am going to have to make some custom stuff for the bbq pit, i havent really gotten that far to the pit, im all ears if you guys have any recommendations. My father in law is not bad with a welder so he will probably make some racks/grates and maybe a lid. We shall see.

I like the woodeze better. Made in the USA! Matches the build !:clap:

They are both the same doors, just one is bigger than the other. Ya i like that too. If you guys go back to the first few pages i have posted a picture of the door.

EDIT

here it is

Here is the Cast Iron door im using for the BBQ pit, will be used as a air vent & to add coals & wood.

nqeblw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

V-wiz, great work on the build and thanks for bringing us along with you on your journey! Please keep us involved as you continue forward.

I think i got the second one. The 8x10, its just the right size, and you cant beat the price, ill probably put it in this weekend.

I thought it seemed kind of small for adding wood/charcoal. I'm looking for something simular for an offset smoker just bigger. I also want some time of air intake controls beside just opening the door a little more.

I thought it seemed kind of small for adding wood/charcoal. I'm looking for something simular for an offset smoker just bigger. I also want some time of air intake controls beside just opening the door a little more.

For my personal application i was mostly concerned about air flow, so this will work for me. As far as adding wood/coals it could be done also.

I love the huge Made in USA on that door. America.... F*** YEAH! LOL, love that movie.

Here is some update from the weekend. We used a grinder to widen the crack on the dome, filled them with Rutland Mortar, added 6" of ceramic fiber blanket, then stucco right over it. It came out very even and very round. The trick is to cut the insulation where they over lap. I really dont understand why most people use V-crete.

21kw4ea.jpg

3027tqg.jpg

2efudz5.jpg

339ucqr.jpg

You sir have turned out a product any craftsman should be proud to have his name on congratulations

Very sweet in deed. I'm very jealous of your build and skills. No way in hell I could do that!

Thanks alot guys. All credit must be given to my father. Really though, he is a craftsman in all honesty. This is nothing compared to what he does and has done. I just cant to start using it.

Back