• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Eye of round success (pRoN)

Gasket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I did my first eye of round roast today for dinner. It came out moist and juicy with a nice hint of smoke. Thanks to Ron L and Gore for the tips as I was a complete newbe to smoking beef roasts. Sorry for the blurry pics My camera is a piece of crap.

Here is a shot of the roast on the Beast (22.5 WSM). I used Oak for smoke.

on the smoker.jpg

Here it is upon slicing. I did a quick reverse sear and then started slicing it thin with my electric knife.

slicing.jpg

slicing up close.jpg

Plated with glazed carrots, fried potatoes, and cornbread. A little Au jus on the side.

plated.jpg

Washed down with an ice cold glass of home made sweet tea.

swt tea.jpg

All in all this cook was a success and the family enjoyed it very much. Thanks again to Ron L and Gore for pointing me in the right direction. :thumb:

It looks great from here too!!

Mmmm That looks good! Left over RB samiches with Horseradish sauce or french dip???

Can you link to the thread where Ron gave you advice on the cook? I've cooked a few eye of rounds but I'm still looking to nail one. I use Ron's tri-tip method, so I have no doubt his EOR method would be good also.

Thanks.

Nice looking food , I believe I would like to join you for Dinner.,( I squinted ) exactly what cut is this Eye of round please?

Back