New use for left over pulled pork

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
So, I was watching Paula Dean the other day and she had this little appetizer that she made with mini cornbread muffins and shredded chicken.

Basically, you bake th muffins per whatever recipe you use, then right when you pull 'em out of the oven, you take your thumb (or similarly "rounded-but-pokey" object) and create a well in the center of the muffin which you then stuff with the shredded chicken.

So, I looked at it and thought to myself, "Self... you oughtta do that with some of that left-over PP from this weekend...."

And I did.

Mixed the PP with some of my bourbon bbq sauce, stuffed it in the full-sized muffins I made from a mix and topped with some diced up dill pickles.

Looked kinda like this:
PPCBMuffin.jpg

I topped one with some cole slaw I had but didn't get a picture.

Dey was YUMMY! :becky:

Looks pretty good from here :) Put a little cheddah on top and brown them in the oven under the broiler just a little :)

Definitely sounds like something to try. Thanks for the post and pron. Jus gotta love Paula Dean ya'll. I would love to retire in Savannah. Beautiful country to me. :thumb:

'round these parts we have something similar that we call "Barbie Cups", why they are called that I have no idea.

Basically you take a can of biscuit dough, roll each one out flat, and put them in a cupcake tin, put a little pulled pork w/ bbq sauce on it, fold the rest of the dough over the top of it, then top with cheese and bake about 12 minutes. Yummy.

(also works good with spiced apples as a filling)

Last edited:
Back