• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PopCorn

That's a good thread, thanx!!!

By the way I pop my corn in olive oil with a few pats of butter melted
in it...

have you ever tried coconut oil? For a little extra kick add a splash of your favorite hot sauce.

Good thread! I love popcorn.I have never made it from scratch. I love movie theater buttered popcorn. I have to believe that popcorn popped in bacon grease is awesome, even if it can kill me.

I'm not much into sweet popcorn. Small amounts are okay.

I need to follow this thread. Thanks N8.

CD

you have NEVER made popcorn??

not even Jiffy Pop??

I use a stir crazy popper too and I use BACON grease and it is the bomb. For an avg batch (3/4 cup of corn) i use about 2ish TBS of bacon grease. I save my bacon drippings and occasionally when we eat maple bacon those flavors comes through. Kind of cool. From there season with butter and salt. But you have to have some good corn. I get mine from Indiana.

popcorn website: http://www.selectpopcorn.com/

Last edited:
I just found the popcorn button on my microwave the other day. I keep pressing it but it never spits out popcorn. What am I doing wrong? :noidea: I probably paid extra for that feature too. :tsk:

I use a Whirly-Pop as well and I love it. I've been using Coconut oil lately and I am hooked, with butter and salt. For an added kick I throw in some "flamin' hot" Cheetos and mini pretzels. Yum!

Love bbq rub on popcorn but never sticks well. Any tips beyond dousing w butter? I'm sure someone will say mustard.

Wonder if you mixed bbq rub into the melted butter. Then pour the mixture on the corn. Might stick better.

you have NEVER made popcorn??

not even Jiffy Pop??

As a kid, we ate Jiffy Pop. It was fun to watch, then eat. I've just never made popcorn in a regular pan or pot. I'm liking that Whirley-Pop thing. It doesn't cost much, so I may need to get one.

CD

As a kid, we ate Jiffy Pop. It was fun to watch, then eat. I've just never made popcorn in a regular pan or pot. I'm liking that Whirley-Pop thing. It doesn't cost much, so I may need to get one.

CD

lol just yanking yer chain

yeah, Jiffy Pop was a blast when we were kids. It actually tasted pretty good too if we didnt burn the snot out of it

Im old school salt and butter as my favorite made on the stove top of course. My favorite is browned butter when melting the butter let it go a little longer till its browned talk about a different aspect to popcorn

Gosh. My popper is a brown paper sack. Just dump in what I want and microwave it on high till its done. I'm partial to butter and salt, but a good dose of Cajun spice is great too.

__Quote:

Gosh. My pooper is a brown paper sack. Just dump and I'm done. A good dose of Superlax is great too.
ID give Toast a "run" for his money.________________

FTFY:thumb:

Tooaaaaassst! Tooaaaaassst! You need to have a talk with Bucc again!:tsk:

^^^:laugh:
He HATES talking to me!

N8, a new one, I saw the container of vanilla bean sugar and thought "Why not"
Good for when you want something sweet!

I use a stir crazy electric popper with olive oil and sprinkle some old bay seasoning and everglades seasoning on it fresh out the popper. I also enjoy the good old salt and butter also.

12" cast iron skillet
lid that fits (from my late mother's hodgepodge collection)
2 tbsp peanut oil (my preference) or olive oil (if I am going to season it with LAWRY'S SEASONED SALT) or corn oil (an homage to mom).
1/4 or 1/2 cup popcorn (whatever amount would create a single layer of kernels on the bottom of the skillet.

I can do this on a gas or electric burner.

Back