• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Introducing The Most Affordable Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker on the Market

Stopped by the Killeen store today. Didn't see one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally saw one today in Waco. I think it's a great deal. Everything seems to fit perfectly. Latches are overkill for this purpose. They're huge! . I'm impressed.
d0f3a50effcd1f27a3b9efec08d34fb3.jpg

sooo- the big latches do it for you?

/eh - takes all sorts :grin:

Nice cooker. Sadly my refund is history- plus they seem to be pretty rare.

sooo- the big latches do it for you?

/eh - takes all sorts :grin:

Nice cooker. Sadly my refund is history- plus they seem to be pretty rare.
I like the build quality. Makes me rethink my 1/4" everything approach. Seems to fit one rack of ribs per shelf though. Maybe they should offer the Smitty size at Buc-ees.
36fdca10d4ead17e6103bc291183334a.jpg
49bd2005292cf1910237170cc8b6505b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I like the build quality. Makes me rethink my 1/4" everything approach. Seems to fit one rack of ribs per shelf though. Maybe they should offer the Smitty size at Buc-ees.
36fdca10d4ead17e6103bc291183334a.jpg
49bd2005292cf1910237170cc8b6505b.jpg

What kind of ribs are you cooking? You should be able to fit 2 St Louis size on each rack.

Top 2 Grates are 23” W x 16” D - bottom grate is 20”W x 16” D - You could fit 2 medium briskets or 4 pork butts or 2 -3 St. Louis cut racks or 3-4 baby back racks per grate.......

2 racks of baby racks with room for more :

3ffc504bc83d3e2bf17b418eefd2c03b.jpg

Could easily do a 5 rack rib rack.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I really like the looks of these. I'm heading down south in a couple of months and will have to stop in an Academy. I've had my eye on an Assassin for a while now but this might be a good compromise with my wife.

These racks are 21x17. The big briskets are 15-18 pounds. The little ones are around 12 so 2 fit per rack.
fb59b6dbd8f7bf93c48081a1e21c9921.jpg

I really like the looks of these. I'm heading down south in a couple of months and will have to stop in an Academy. I've had my eye on an Assassin for a while now but this might be a good compromise with my wife.

The first order was 30 units at 14 stores to see if they Sell - a test run. You can order one online and have it shipped or -if you trust somebody down here - send them the money and they buy it for you and hold it for you..........

What kind of ribs are you cooking? You should be able to fit 2 St Louis size on each rack.

I was thinking of spares. You're in Texas, right? :pound:

Turkey Shack -
I've had my eye on an Assassin for a while now but this might be a good compromise with my wife.

Not a bad trade, leave the wife, bring the rig home, win win!

I didn't realize it had the good gaskets that are easier to replace. Better than most of my cookers have.
800258e319abe88dd4cdf1c3405265a8.jpg

I didn't realize it had the good gaskets that are easier to replace. Better than most of my cookers have.
800258e319abe88dd4cdf1c3405265a8.jpg

the 2 things I told Alejandro he HAD to change from the 1st Bigger GF - was Better gaskets and Toggle latches...... Had To - No Exceptions........I made other suggestons on downsizing it to this model - exchanged several emails - but the Gaskets n Latches were a Must.

1st GF had glue on felt gaskets and pin latchon chute and firebox - drop pin thru 2 pieces pipe - cook door had a latch like the Smokehouse. I cut those pin latches off and put on Toggle Latches immediately - I left the felt gaskets otherwise I would of had to change or move the hinges for thicker gaskets.

Last edited:
GetChaOne.! Academy stores are Closed to walk in customers but doing curbside pickup...........

Any help from you guys that have this smoker would be greatly appreciated. My Academy doesn't stock it so I would be buying it blind. I sold my Backwoods Piglet a couple of years ago and now I'm back in the market looking for another smoker but I don't want to break the bank either. Looking for some general info... Are the racks decent, are the weld some what good (they don't have to be pretty, just solid), are the caster crap or will the work for a while? I've been looking at the LSG Mini insulated but if I can save a couple of grand, I don't care about the looks. I just want a decent smoker that will hold a good bit of meat. Thanks again, Theron

Back