Vampires 🧛 Cats 🐈 And Squirrels 🐿

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Bride was watching a show I had zero interest in so decided to clean out the spice rub cabinet. I’ve read where lots of Rub ingredients are natural critter repellents. If it had a best if used by over 2 years out or none and I couldn’t remember buying it- I dumped it. In my flower beds. Cayennes Spicy Paprika- Garlic-Onion Powder etc etc. I bought a couple new to me rubs and an old favorite Morton Chile Powder yesterday. Gunpowder Black And Daigles Cajun. Some of the bottles were old and caked. Some were just cause I knew they were no longer needed. Still have a crapton. Flowerbed smells nice.

Also recently purchased a 1# package of Adkins. Getcha Some :)

Good idea! If spices would keep my dog from digging, I'd be happy!
I'm an Adkins fan too. There aren't many store bought dry rubs that I'm fond of. Big Poppa's rubs are some of my favorites.

I recently checked out country cook Kent Rollin's web site. There are a couple of chuck wagon cooks in my area that don't sell products but do the same kind of cookin' that he does. I gave Rollin's original dry rub a try and really liked it. Maybe it's my Okie tastebuds, or the fact that he lives in western Ok too... but I liked the flavor.
I go with good ole salt and pepper most of the time.

I should try that.

I do Astrophotography many nights if I'm not tuggin trailers the next day, and the cloud Gods are busy messing up somebody else's lives.
I hear critters fartin around in the ivy on the back fence. So sometimes I hose down the fence to chase them off. Many are rats. So if I Cayenned the brush, maybe they'd find better things to do than mess around near me?
Rodents preen their fur, so if they didn't like burning their tongues, or burning their noses, maybe they'd stay away.
I think I'll make some elixir and put it in a spray bottle. Cayenne their little rodent butts. :heh:
Worth a bit of Cayenne to give it a try. :wink:

I like Kent Rollins, too, Jeanie.

Good idea! If spices would keep my dog from digging, I'd be happy!
I'm an Adkins fan too. There aren't many store bought dry rubs that I'm fond of. Big Poppa's rubs are some of my favorites.

I recently checked out country cook Kent Rollin's web site. There are a couple of chuck wagon cooks in my area that don't sell products but do the same kind of cookin' that he does. I gave Rollin's original dry rub a try and really liked it. Maybe it's my Okie tastebuds, or the fact that he lives in western Ok too... but I liked the flavor.
I go with good ole salt and pepper most of the time.

I love that guy. I subscribe to his youtube channel and saw him on Food Network. Great cook...

Back