Side items - sizing and prices

BigThicket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What size options do you offer? Do you charge a flat cost per size or do you charge different prices for different side items?

What would you consider a fair/good price for a single serving of standard sides (beans, potato salad, etc.)?

What is the side offering? Is it for a food truck, drop off or on site buffet? We charge $1.50 for all 4oz servings for drop off or concessions. More for on site catering if we find that consumption to be higher.

What is the side offering? Is it for a food truck, drop off or on site buffet? We charge $1.50 for all 4oz servings for drop off or concessions. More for on site catering if we find that consumption to be higher.

My bad. It's for a food truck.

I would do a single size. As far as flat price for all sides, that would depend on your menu structure. Are sides ala Carte or are you selling combos (entree plus side). If youre selling ala carte, then I would do separate prices for each side. If you're doing combos then I'd do flat rates.
Look around your area for what others charge, but your prices should be based on your costs.

Look around your area for what others charge, but your prices should be based on your costs.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty familiar with the COGS method of pricing, but I also know that you have to be competitive to make it. There really aren't any comparable operations to what I'll be doing in my area, so I was just trying to gauge what others are doing outside of my area.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty familiar with the COGS method of pricing, but I also know that you have to be competitive to make it. There really aren't any comparable operations to what I'll be doing in my area, so I was just trying to gauge what others are doing outside of my area.

How close are you to Shreveport?

Back