A request.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Brethren Teams are competing this week in several states.

I ask a favor of the members of those teams,
especially those flying our colors
and also, to any of our members that may be visiting any of the competitions where our brothers are competing.

A simple request to all of The Brethren.
While at the event,
a Black or Red Arm band be worn on your right arm in memory of KCquer.

and if someone asks, let them know about a great friend and brother. A gesture that would be understood only by those who know.
It can be a piece of material, ribbon, bandana, anything.

I am not competing, judging, or attending :sad: :sad:

But, I have a red bandanna that will be in place all weekend --anyway!

In your memory, KC.

TIM

Great idea! I was thinking of doing something like that in Columbia this weekend.

Maybe a Black ribbon draped accross the banner or smoker, or something!

On my Brethren banner, the plan is to put "Scott Cook 1965-2006". I'll probably put my flags at half mast on my smoker and if I can locate them, I was thinking of getting 4 of those concrete yard ornament turtles to put at the four corners of my site. They might be a little hard to find this time of year though.

would it be possable to have a speciale brethren shirt made to honor scott and help raise money for the family. just a thought maybe a black turtle on the sleve with kcqer on. my wife is judging it hillsboro this saturday so i will have a bandana on in his memmory.

What i can do, is set up a seperate section in cafepress and put some shirts with a modified logo, maybe to include the turtle, and a "in rememberance of" on it.. Right now, there is only about dollar profit in the shirts, but in the KC section, I can raise the price by 4-5 dollars and all the proceeds go to the family..

We also have starte a collection for the family via the Brethren Paypal account.. We are using the money collected so far to buy a small floral arrangment for the service and the rest of the money is going to the family. Its always open if anyone wants to drop something in it.

Can Phil or someone tell me how to send money to the Brethren Paypal account? I'd like to do something and have a Paypal account, just not very adept at using it.

- Clint

Being my flight leaves tomorrow, i wont be able to add to cafepress till i return, but i will do something.

I'll be judging in Ashland this weekend and I'd be proud to wear a ribbon in Scott's honor.

Back