Want to build a Lang Clone?!

M

Mokin Bandit

So by good fortune I have been able to get myself an old 250 gallon propane tank.:-D What I want to do like the title says build a Lang clone. I've looked the Internet over and tried to find instructions but I can't. Does anyone have them or know where to locate them, if they even exist.

I have been gathering info and have a decent amount on getting the tank ready. But I am not opposed to any additional info you guys can help with.

Hi Ryan,
I just built a HUGE offset, Lang clone, Klose Pit wanna-be just a few weeks ago. Being an engineer, I also have a full set of drawings that I came up with. I've only seen one Lang in person and it was only for a short minute so mostly what I came up with is from pictures, but I did get a lot of insight from a few members here when I met them at a comp. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you everything I've got and tell you what I'd do different if I was doing it again.

-scott

Hi Ryan,
I just built a HUGE offset, Lang clone, Klose Pit wanna-be just a few weeks ago. Being an engineer, I also have a full set of drawings that I came up with. I've only seen one Lang in person and it was only for a short minute so mostly what I came up with is from pictures, but I did get a lot of insight from a few members here when I met them at a comp. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you everything I've got and tell you what I'd do different if I was doing it again.

-scott

Now THAT is what being a BBQ Brethren is all about!

Now THAT is what being a BBQ Brethren is all about!

Thanks. I just want to pass on the same courtesies that were extended to me by fellow brethren.

Ryan,
PDF's sent - Keep in mind that the only intent here is to proved the do-it-yourselfer with a starting platform to which they can make their own design changes to. I made several changes during my build that have not been reflected in the drawings, and there's probably a ton more that could be recommended by fellow brethren. My intent is to update my drawings and copy-write them to make sure nobody else can charge for them, then make them available to anybody who wants them - for free.

Scott,

If you don't mind me asking, how much you got in that clone? We have a Lang 60 for the team but I've been wanting one for my self and building one seems like "fun". Also, could you e-mail me your plans as well?

Thanks,
Mike

Scott,
Unfortunately I sold my 500 gallon prop tank that I planned to turn into a mobile pit. I'm probably gonna go with a smaller and more manageble tank or pipe instead. I happended upon a 6' length of about 2' diameter pipe in someone's property just rusting away. I'm gonna try and check it out this weekend. If it's not too much of a problem, I'd like a copy of those plans as well to keep on record. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob B.

Thanks. I just want to pass on the same courtesies that were extended to me by fellow brethren.

Ryan,
PDF's sent - Keep in mind that the only intent here is to proved the do-it-yourselfer with a starting platform to which they can make their own design changes to. I made several changes during my build that have not been reflected in the drawings, and there's probably a ton more that could be recommended by fellow brethren. My intent is to update my drawings and copy-write them to make sure nobody else can charge for them, then make them available to anybody who wants them - for free.

Wow these look good. I hope to get started in about a month, hopefully that's long enough for purging the tank. And I hope to be done by spring. As I have question I will definitly hit you up with phone calls or emails.

Back