Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL** "Noobians vs. Vets: Season 3!"** Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Vet Official TD Entry: Pizza Party

Had some family over for dinner on Sunday night and did some pizzas on the Traegger.

Made a simple dough and rolled it out as thin as I could. Then made a simple fresh tomato sauce by blending together a couple of heirloom tomatoes a couple cloves of garlic, fresh basil and oregano. I also made a little homemade italian sausage. Put together four pies.

Pizza number one was a margherita. A dash of the fresh tomato sauce, sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozz finished with some fresh basil.

Pizza number two was brushed with olive oil then some carmelized shallot, italian sausage, sauteed shiitake mushrooms and fresh mozz.

Next up was my wifes creation. A little garlic spread, carmelized shallot and proscuitto then add a little triple cream just as the pizza comes off the grill allowing the residual heat to soften the ripe cheese.

And the final blow to the Ninja horde is the Cherry Bomb! Tomato sauce, sausage, prosciutto, mozz and the finishing touch is some thinly sliced cherry bomb peppers.

Loading:

Fire! (Entry Pic)

A shot from a noobian across the bow of the vets

Arrgh Matey A near miss...I call it a shot across the bow of the vets! Shiver them timbers

The smoked chuck roast as it came off the smoker:
Chuck%20Roast.JPG

Turned it into a chili the next night. Please vote on this picture:
Chuck%20Roast%20Chili.JPG

...once set upon t' table t' chili smartly disappeared.:eusa_clap

apparently I can't have the entry removed even when I request it's removal (not so pleased about that)

Good luck guys. I will say this noobs, post more than just a pic, post the cook details :thumb:
Is there some reason we can't remove Grimm from the Throwdown? I think his meat balls look great, but, why force him?

Is there some reason we can't remove Grimm from the Throwdown? I think his meat balls look great, but, why force him?

We've exchanged PM's about this and Grimm is fine with his entry being in the TD.

This was a private matter between the moderators and Grimm and that's all I'll say.

My offer still stands to leaved it out of the polling thread, so if you change your mind, Grimm, just let Moose or I know.

Mod Note:

This thread is for entries and on topic discussion only! Please move the chatter to the off topic thread. Also, please do not post pictures that are not meant to be an entry. This thread is going to be hard enough to wade through as it is.

The off topic posts have been scrubbed based on TD rules.

Thank you in advance :-D

Last edited:
Shot at the SS Farknut :boxing::boxing::becky:
Bacon Avocado Cheese Burger With Egg :thumb:
imagejpg3_zps76893691.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Please use this pic for entry

Gang...

If you want to fire shots across the bow or other pirate or ninja sayings, that's great, but please remember to clearly identify which picture you want to use for the voting thread (if we make it that far :-D). If you don't, I'm going to pick one, and I may not pick the one that you want!

Oh yeah...

Arrrrrr....

Back