MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #16
Philly-QueMaster
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92 View Post
It came out to a little over $4,000. I got the pork loins and hot dogs from Dot Foods inventory (I still drive part-time so I'm an employee and get that perk). 15 pork loins cost me $225 and the hot dogs were less than that. Side were green beans and pasta salad, which were also inexpensive sides. Counting containers, equipment and paying our minions, we put out less than $1,000 on the job. Timewise, it wasn't difficult, the pork loins only took a few hours, the hot dogs less and we were only there for four hours counting setup, serving and teardown.
We weren't out to get rich, we were trying to help them out somewhat because the caterer they had originally backed out due to sudden medical issues. The original caterer called me and asked if we could help out so we stepped in.
That makes sense then. I wasn't thinking about food cost being so low. Good point. 400 people is a lot of people to serve!! Nice job!
Philly-QueMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 10-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #17
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-QueMaster View Post
That makes sense then. I wasn't thinking about food cost being so low. Good point. 400 people is a lot of people to serve!! Nice job!

Thanks. Having access to Dot's inventory is a huge benefit for me. We get items at cost before they get to Sysco, US Foods, Restaurant Depot, etc. and get marked up. As long as I don't try to get my full order there every week they're good with it.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #18
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
I bet if your phone rings tomorrow and someone asks you to cater a wedding for 600 your brain will go $$$$$$ and you will say yes LOL I know I would and then work out the details and logistics for the wedding day!

We just got a request for another 400 guest wedding and I jumped in with both feet. lol