• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

I assume its ok to stay Sunday night?? I didn't find anything on it so I thought I would ask.

I'm leaving before awards Sunday to fly home but hope to see as many people as possible before then. I am picking up meat Thursday am then hope to be onsite by 1 or so that day. Gotta keep an eye on those Swamp Pit folks and their tequila!

I just picked up two cases of CAB briskets today and have another cases I'm picking up the Thursday before the Royal. Seeing as I only need about half of that for the next thee weeks, I'll be flush with CAB packers.

If any of you out of towners want to go through my stash at the AMR, you are welcome to. I'll charge you what I paid for them.

Good to know. I just ordered two briskets yesterday but may come digging depending on how they are. Picking up all meat on Thursday then helping my landlord get his site setup.

New question: What's a good nearby Super Mega Mart?? (ie Super Walmart or equivalent). Need to map one out for misc. supplies and grocery runs
Address please? Thanks!

New question: What's a good nearby Super Mega Mart?? (ie Super Walmart or equivalent). Need to map one out for misc. supplies and grocery runs
Address please? Thanks!

Depending on what you need, they basically bring a mini Walmart on site.

cleaners
paper products
foil
snacks
drinks

I've never used it to purchase any food, but I wouldn't count on much for actual ingredients.

One of the local supermarket chains will be set up there with a full line of produce and sundries. Don't worry about garnish, they'll have it all.

they always got pretty good stuff, I will see you all at the royal, I will be in 272 as always on the dark side, I love it there. Scotty d

Smoke N Fire in Overland Park is running a Royal special: Buy 4 get 1 free on all rubs and sauces.

They'll be onsite in the Expo.

NEGATIVE. The KC BBQ Store will NOT be onsite at the Royal. There is a 15% off coupon in the September issue of the Bullsheet that's good from the Monday of the Royal til the Monday after, must present coupon at the register.

Chris, I'll be guiding some people out there around lunchtime on Thursday if you would like to caravan. It's right next to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ in Olathe, so, we're gonna grab some lunch too.

are the electric outlets GFCI protected? I ask because my trailer hates GFCI outlets.

Anyone got suggestions on grocery stores near downtown or am I better off driving out a little? Mainly just looking for some basics but also some good lettuce selection for boxes.

Clint, did you rent a car? If so, when you leave the airport to head into KC take the Barry Road exit and go east a few blocks. You'll run into a HyVee.

I've been impressed with the greens they sell at the Royal - lettuce and parsley.

Is anyone getting a case of parsley from RT and will have extra? Or if some teams want to go in on a case, I can go get one Thursday or Friday morning.

Back