Ground beef steak

mattkins99

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Due to some poor labeling at the store I got what appear to be several small but very nicely marbled steaks for very cheap. Problem is, I hardly ever eat steak except at restaurants. Any suggestions on how to prepare these? I have Alton Browns episodes on how to cook steaks seared into my brain (pun intended,) but I'm more thinking a seasoning. Something a little more than just salt and pepper. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Steak.jpg
    Steak.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 158
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Montreal-Steak-Seasoning-29-Ounce/dp/B001EQ56Y4"]McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, 29-Ounce Units (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

as for me i do like olive oil salt and pepper . But it has to be fresh ground .

And by the way don't over cook it . If it ain't red it's dead. Feed it to the dogs

Sometimes I grill my steaks with out any type of rub whatsoever. If you want a bit of salt and pepper after they have rested then it is up to the consumer of that steak.
I love the taste of beef alone myself.

I use a basic rub. It works great, those sort of look like culotte steaks, aka tri-tip steaks.

Basic Meat Rub
three parts Kosher salt and medium grind black pepper
1/2 part granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika, chile powder
pinch of sugar

Mix all together and apply to steak. Grill. If you want to get a little fancy, omit the garlic and onion granules. Make a slurry of garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce and some parsley, add the rub and slather it all over the steaks. Then grill.

And by the way don't over cook it . If it ain't red it's dead. Feed it to the dogs

lol, yes, mine will be a nice medium rare. The wife on the other hand is fond of ordering the filet butterflied when we eat out at a steak house...:crazy:

I use a basic rub. It works great, those sort of look like culotte steaks, aka tri-tip steaks.

Basic Meat Rub
three parts Kosher salt and medium grind black pepper
1/2 part granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika, chile powder
pinch of sugar

Mix all together and apply to steak. Grill. If you want to get a little fancy, omit the garlic and onion granules. Make a slurry of garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce and some parsley, add the rub and slather it all over the steaks. Then grill.

Winner, I have all of that in my pantry so that's what I'm going with. I love Worcestershire too :)

I rarely season steaks with anything, normally its on the grill with nothing on it. Tasty.

I'm confused. The thread title is "Ground Beef Steaks" Those don't look ground??? :confused:

Let us know haw it turns out for ya.

KC

No pron pics as my phone's battery went dead last night. :sad:

So two things. First, I'd purchased a rib-eye as a just in case steak and cooked it along with the two in the package above. I didn't notice any difference in flavor between the cuts, but the unknown cuts were more tender than the rib-eye. The rib-eye wasn't tough, but the little unknown steaks were like a filet in their tenderness.

From a rub perspective, I'm an idiot. I made the paste, smashed it on the steaks and then topped with freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt, but I forgot the paprika and chili powder until they were half done on the grill. I was trying to time it with the rest of the dinner and I'm just not used to fast cooking :blah: Anyway, good, but I could have used more salt and the chili-powder would have added some nice heat. All my fault... live and learn.

After letting the steaks rest mine was medium and I was shooting for medium rare. Still very good. I got my wife's steak to a perfect for her well done. Both were very juicy and I'd buy these again in a second!

Sounds like it was an adventure :wink:

They lookabout an inch thick Try putting 1/2 tsp kosher salt on each side and let them sit for an hour. Rince well and pat gry Add a little oil toeach side with fresk cracked pepper Grill and enjoy

Back