which sauce might you pair with yardbird

floydo

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
love the yardbird with chicken. I have these sauces.
any of these a nice go to with chicken and yardbird.....for a glaze or on the side ?

doing some chicken for the wife's birthday.
usually don't sauce the chicken, but want to mix it up.........

I have these:
blues hog and blues hog red.
Head Country
sweet baby ray's
pork barrel bbq
gates original

BTW ............mixed some yellow mustard with the blues hog red for my pulled pork sandwiches. yummy. .
A south Carolina touch, right ?

Today is the birthday, but saving the chicken and spares for labor day.
probably hickory for the ribs and then, maybe with the ribs wrapped, apple and cherry for the bird.

Have a good one.

It is probably more of personal preference than anything. I'd probably try different sauces on different pieces of chicken as a test run and see what you and the wife like the best and then next time just go with that sauce alone.

thanks ( seriousy ) !
why didn't I think of that ??????????
I'll blame it on I just woke up.

Sauce on the side.. but if you must, I would probably go with a thin layer of the SBR -

Valentina!

i'll have to get me some

Of course I had no idea what that was..........but thanks to Wikipedia, I do now.

sounds mucho caliente !

And looks to be an episode of Mouth On Fire .

Thanks. She does likes it spicy, too.

I am a huge YardBird fan.

I do think any sauce, used in "super moderation" will work fine.
Just a matter of your personal choice here 8)

Good Eats any way ya wanna go.

TIM

As long as its got Yardbird on it, its gonna be good. I like a thin coat of Blues Hog on mine.

I don't know anything about Yardbird, but I like to put a good poultry rub on skinless, boneless breasts (the wife's on a diet), then coat them in a glaze I make mostly with Dijon, honey, Worcestershire sauce a little soy sauce, a little adobo sauce from canned chipotles and spices of choice. Smoke over apple and hickory low and slow. It looks pretty ugly so you might want to finish it on a grill, but the flavors are great the glaze keeps them from drying out (I pull them at around 155). Juicy as all hell.

Back