• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Question about some ABT’s

ON THE FARM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a friend that would like me to make some ABT’s , we call them Texas Torpedo’s, for a local town celibration.
The jalapenos (about 3 1/2” long, top off and cleaned) will be stuffed with a cream cheese mixture and wrapped in bacon then smoked.
I was thinking $1 to $1.50 each.
Not a lot of work in them, what do yall think?

You can buy the frozen deep fried for about $6.99 a dozen around here. I think 1.50 for fresh smoked hand made would be the very Low side. I know I could get 2.00 ea. here on cape cod and noone would bat an eyelash! As long as you are using a good size pepper

I think that's a good price for Texas. It's not like they're a delicacy or rare or anything!

People in my small town look at me cross-eyed when I explain what they are but when they taste my peppers…. They cant stop eating them!
I had to explain what the letters “ABT” were to a lady……. Never again.

If you have a doubt when telling someone or kids, just tell the atomic buffalo treats. They will tell you if they know them by their real name. LOL

OTF, how ya doing guy? Want you to know that I was so impressed with the results if that drum you gave me, that when I needed a much bigger smoker I pulled the trigger on a Mega BDS3143, the largest size Rocky makes. Also wanted you to know that should you be coming back to visit your family for the Holidays, your cooker will be available if you need it. Later, Bo!

Hey Bo!
Glad to see you have been giving it a workout and now are an official card carrying DRUMHEAD.
Next time I am in Phoenix I will let you know.

ABT's are great, but they do require a bit of work for each one.

So you just put cream cheese and wrap in bacon? I shove a little smoky in mine:

Basically the process:

28.JPG

Whole mess of ABT's

29.JPG

Cooking up around a Bacon Explosion

35.JPG

Man are these things good:

37.JPG

Did some with habaneros yesterday, those were little rockets!

I have been under charging by the loks of it but it's all abou what the market will allow.

Mix in some chopped pulled pork and rub in the cream cheese and charge $2. Instead of $1.50, do 2 for $3. Handle less change.

And use cheap thin bacon. It crisps alot easier without the pepper turning to mush.

Went for broke! I got the biggest ones the store had, about the size of a nickel, seeded them, stuffed them with mozzarella, wrapped with a half piece of bacon. I only did 4, got the membrane out of two. They were warm. The other two were hot. You could even say that they were so good they brought a tear to my eye. Weren't any worse than some horseradish sauce I had a couple of weeks ago.

Back