Traeger

Moffat63

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first pellet smoker.

Leaning towards the traeger Texas.

Anyone have any other that they recommend or thoughts on traeger. I can't really find any negative reviews out there.

Thanks you guys.

Use the site-specific search near the bottom of the page and you'll find lots to read. There have been several threads on pellets grills/smokers in the past few weeks.

Actually found that after I posted.

Now I want a yoder.

Me too!

I have a Memphis Pro pellet grill/smoker and an FE-100 pellet smoekr and they are fantastic, but I still want a Yoder :)

Actually found that after I posted.

Now I want a yoder.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Yoder Pellet Grills. Haven't used one myself yet. I do have a REC TEC Grill that I really love and also a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone which is an awesome pellet grill as well. Make sure to do a lot research first so you find one that has all the features you want. :thumb:

~Jay Prince

Any thoughts on Rec Tec?

I love my REC TEC Grill! I just cooked some Pig Candy on it yesterday. Below is a picture of the finished product. :)

1176208_10151857994366420_703885636_n.jpg

I like that it has a nice big 40lb pellet hopper. The grill light is a nice feature too. I also like that it has SS grates, SS drip pan and a SS heat deflector. Plus the grill has 6 year warranty.

Last but not least is the fact that you can call and talk to the owners directly and they email you back right away as well. That is great customer service in my opinion!:thumb:

~Jay Prince

I have had mine for six years and love it. I have a few other smokers too, but the Treager is the easiest to use.

cant go wrong with an older made in the USA Treager , good deals on CList all the time

I have a big steel keg and recently got a traeger lil tex elite and absolutely love it. Got it on craigslist for $525, we'll worth the money.

Is there markings that indicate where the traeger is made? I have heard that the older models made in the USA are much better than the ones currently being produced.

From what I seen, if the legs are welded, it's American made. If they are bolted, it's Chinese made.

Owned a Traeger Texas purchased from Costco. Couldn't get hot enough for baking and imparted a very mild smoke flavor for smoking. Enamel began to flake off the lid in just a few months (and began to rust), and the thermostat crapped out in five months. Traeger was quick to send a replacement, but that couldn't help my cook that morning.

I would stay the hell away from these Chinese-made grills. At $1000 retail, there are much better variants on the market for the same price or just 20-30% more.

Back