Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

pwa

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Been thinking of buying a coffee hut or similar and converting to a food shack for a while now. But always priced just high enough I could turn away and keep looking till now. I just became the owner of a 10' x 20' food shack. It used to be a Taco Stand but will become a BBQ stand. It needs alot of TLC but the bones are good and equipment is all working :) Got the Shack dug out of snow, it new location dug out and leveled, Now just need to move it. Thought I would start a thread on my Journey.

Front
20130329180421674.jpg

Inside
20130326151506320.jpg

Sink's
20130326151452669.jpg

Steam table
20130326151440162.jpg

Griddle( yes its on the floor)
20130326151431912.jpg

4 burner stove
20130326151409706.jpg

Cool! Er.... frigid. I would love to see the progress. Somebody has to make the good stuff there and it might as well be you. Congrats!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
What a journey, a real good cleaning and you'll be looking good

• Thanks
What a journey, a real good cleaning and you'll be looking good

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I looked at it... some TLC fresh coat of paint alot of elbow grease and I'll get there.

Good Luck with it. Got a name yet for it?

Going with my comp team/catering name... BurlesQ BBQ

Cool! Er.... frigid. I would love to see the progress. Somebody has to make the good stuff there and it might as well be you. Congrats!

Thanks and I'm planing on turning out some great Q fast.

Congrats on your new business venture and I am looking forward to following your progress!

• Thanks
Did you say you have to move it? How many weeks a year can you operate there? I am so envious. Sold a few of my ventures, but BBQ, Heat, and a loyal small group of patrons, spells a winning combo to me! Best of luck and keep posting....Like you have nothing else to do right now!:p

NOOoooo! Pacos Tacos is closed?

:cry: I know I cried as well lol

Did you say you have to move it? How many weeks a year can you operate there? I am so envious. Sold a few of my ventures, but BBQ, Heat, and a loyal small group of patrons, spells a winning combo to me! Best of luck and keep posting....Like you have nothing else to do right now!:p

Yes I have to move it, got plywood over windows and the 2x6's on the back and side in an X pattern to make it more ridged. Waiting on the tow company to come grab it on a rollback and then set. The original Taco Paco ran year round, I have smoked every weekend year round so planing on year round :) As long as I'm covering cost I will be open.

pwa

Back