Oak Creek, WI and Salt Lake City, UT

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So my next two trips.

Going to Oak Creek, WI sometime next week. Probably be there three to seven days. Not sure if I am flying into Chicago or Milwaukee yet. Looking for some decent places to eat, doesn't have to be Q, but just good food...

After that heading to Salt Lake City. Not sure the dates yet, but not long after that, so looking for places there as well...

Kansas City....you're on the list coming up to...but that's a whole different thread!

Pat's Rib Place in Waukesha is pretty darn good. The pulled pork was as good as I've had at a restaurant. It's probably about 45 minutes from Oak Creek. I hear AJ bomber's in MKE is good. Never been there though.

Here's a few of favorites in SLC:

Fine dining-New Yorker
Sea food-Market Street
BBQ-Q4U
Mexican-Blue Iguana
Chinese-Asian Star

We got a great little deli in SLC, pm me and I'll shoot you the address. Stop by and I'll buy
You lunch.

Thanks for all the info. Headed to SLC after Thanksgiving now.

Flying out to Oak Creek on 11/9. Be there a week so. Probably going to kill a day/night in Chicago. Then probably headed back to L.A. for a few days, then home for Thanksgiving, then travel to SLC. So will try all those places out. Maybe I'll run into someone in Chicago...

Meat Man, I'll send you a PM Shortly.

I will second Pat's Rib Place in Waukesha. I've never been to the restaurant, but I have had their food in take out/pick up form-pretty decent as far as Q goes. If you're looking for a good pizza, try Marco's on Forest Home Ave, and for an awesome burger, make the trip down to Sobelman's on St. Paul. Almost forgot, if you're in town on a Friday and enjoy a great fish fry, check out Erv's Mug on Ryan Road.

Back