• Both

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • I dont use Original Kings Ford

Votes: 20 13.6%

• Total voters

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Im just curious who uses KF blue for what or if they use it at all.

thanks

I still have about 10 bags from their coupon sale a couple years ago that I got for a song. I use it for backup when I'm out of lump. Mostly though, it is helping to support the walls of my storage shed. :thumb: I'm not sure which box to check for that. :confused:

It good to burn old stumps out ! just pile it on top of stump and lite

I am with Rich. I use it on everything. I have used lump also. Personally, I can tell no difference in the flavor of meat in either.

I use it as a base to start splits in my stick burner. One full lit chimney full then a few splits on top. Fire started in no time.

I use it all the time. Like the other posters. I like to get a chimmney full of it hot and then throw my sticks on it in my smoker. It is a good base. I use lump also, either cowboy charcoal or Stubbs.

When I do Chicken BBQ with the local FD, we use a mixture of both, more lump than KF blue. When I do MD style pit beef for my shooting organization, they supply KF Blue, I bring lump along just in case.

I use it to start my stick burner and to grill with on my weber. Its always available and when its on sale you cant beat the price.

20# bag in the offset. Easy coal base. Also use it in the WSMs and my kettle. Lump in the egg.

I use it in the WSM. Bricks make it easier to to pack the first layer. Then I use it for lots of other things.

And blue goes on sale all the time.

There is nothing wrong with it at all, so my guess is the stick burners among us cringe at the thought of using it.

People sometimes trash KB, but a whole lot of us use it, and people like our que, so it can't be too bad.

CD

I use it for grilling and smoking too. Only problem I have with KBlue is the large amount of ash it produces.

KB is all I use. I stock up when it's on sale. I tried lump once and it looked like the Fourth of July. I was not a fan of the sparks.

There is nothing wrong with it at all, so my guess is the stick burners among us cringe at the thought of using it.

It ain't just the stick burners who cringe at the stuff. There seems to be a bunch of folks who don't care for the smell of the stuff and refuse to use it under any circumstances. I'm one of those. :becky: :becky: :becky:

K-Blue is so cheap and always consistent I practically use them on all my cookers, including my pizza oven for certain cooks.

Back