BBQ Brethren "Asian" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Asian!"[/size]
asia-map.gif

Image courtesy of mapsofworld.com

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Vegetable Throwdown!

Asia is a huge continent, with many different countries of many different flavors. This should be interesting!

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 1/22 - 1/31 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 1/31.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 2/1 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 2/5. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Breakfast Throwdown until Sunday night 1/24 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the I'd Never Eat That (Innards) Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Should I choose to submit an entry... there is no question that I will.... be competitive.

I was about to say... "Win", but despite my confidence I remain a rookie, and shooting one's mouth off gets you largely.... "screwed" :mrgreen:

BUT! I think I'll have a crack at this...

Please consider. 8)

Should I choose to submit an entry... there is no question that I will.... be competitive.

I was about to say... "Win", but despite my confidence I remain a rookie, and shooting one's mouth off gets you largely.... "screwed" :mrgreen:

Please consider. 8)

Show us your goat/cat/dog/snake/lizard/insect entry!:mrgreen:

Sounds like a reason to break out
the wok. I might wok some squirrel and armadilos.

Please consider. 8)
Two words Bill...Joe Namath!
Howza bout some Croc?

Please consider. 8)

I believe you!
You've got pharking Asia as a neighbour!

Asian Pork with Maifun noodles

We smoked this beautiful loin tonite and it came out great. We made an asian injection ,smoked for 3 1/2 hrs and served with Maifun noodles and mixed asian veggies.

NB offset
www.57smokehouse.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
(I)Gore can resurrect his smoked eggplant for some Baba Ghanoush.:twisted:

Just when I get Master calmed down, you have to bring that sad episode up again! :evil:

edit: Alan, is that pork loin stuffed with something or is that just the effect of the smoke ring? I can't quite make out the picture. It sure looks yummy!

I have been eating Asian all week, so I might as well post what I have been eating! :biggrin:

Shrimp Stirfry
DSC04824.jpg

Seafood Curry Soup
DSC04841.jpg

Nothing fancy here. This is pretty typical of what we like to put together. Did a brisket stir fry a couple months back and loved it. So, we did it again. Stir fry is vegs, fried egg, and chopped fried BBB from last month, stir fry is smoked brisket that was frozen and thawed. (This is excellent), with extra bamboo and chestnut, and the skewers are teryaki marinated sirloin. We love the throwdowns to see the fantastic entries.

Attachments

• IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_2992.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3000.jpg
    IMG_3000.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 228
Back