My MOINK Ball Day

MOS95B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Mother Nature tried throwing a kink in, by having it rain all day. Should have added thunder, if you wanted to stop me!!

The offset is warming up, but the meat is prepped. Doing another "roulade" this time with hamburger, brat meat, cheddar and pickled jalepeno..

IMAG0177.jpg

But, the star of the show. 1 1/4 dozen (it's just me and The Missus) MOINK balls. Store brand beef meatballs, Hormel Range Brand thick cut bacon, and Famous Dave's Rib Rub...

IMAG0179.jpg

Rather than "Dangit, it's raining" I prefer to look on the positive side

Everything looks shiney and new!!

IMAG0182.jpg

Great idea on the Fatty! I hadn't considered throwing in some japs before. Gonna have to give that a try!

And the meat is on!!

IMAG0184.jpg

@Hyper - IThanks, but I don't think I can call it a fatty. No breakfast sausage...

Well, the MOINK Balls look a little dark, but taste the best I've done yet!!

IMAG0186.jpg

No glaze on mine. I like 'em dry with a little sauce on the side for dipping.

The "roulade" is coming along nicely. Light glaze with some Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy

IMAG0187.jpg

Looks tasty!

I have to admit I've been known to use some famous dave sauces and rubs myself. In fact, love em or hate em, It was eating at famous daves that inspired my father and I to try bbqing in the first place!

Looks great, I like the sauce on the side too, keeps the bacon more crisp.:clap2:

That looks awsome, I'd love to see a cross section. :clap2:
Since you asked.... :wink:

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

Turned out to be just a touch more jalapeno than I needed, and the brat meat really didn't stand out like I wanted, but it wasn't too bad...

Back