MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #46
glh17
Full Fledged Farker

I prefer the format of Season 1. I enjoyed Season 2 but only about 1/2 as much as 1. The 2 format would be better if they'd get rid of the sides and the stupid stuff (snakes, gators, frogs, etc...) and concentrate on the types of meat people really bbq.
glh17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #47
kihrer
Full Fledged Farker

If they aren't going to do a season 1-like show, how about the following. Take 8 teams (or how ever many episodes you want to have) and have them enter the exact same contests. Each week, feature one of the teams and show them as they buy their meat, pack, prep, cook and turn in. At the end of the 8 weeks, the teams with top two scores will do a showdown for top honors and prize money. I think the 8 teams would have to be the full-timers as it will require a lot of travel. This way it takes the best from season one and the competition from season two.

12ft competition trailer
Jambo 48 "Bo Diddley"
heavily modified SnP "Chickenator"
[COLOR=Red]Red[COLOR=Black] and [COLOR=Blue]Blue[COLOR=Black] Super fast [/COLOR][/COLOR]Thermapens[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
kihrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

I am gonna send a tape in in hopes I get picked,cause I think it will be funny as heck hearing Art Smith say rub won out BBQ

Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #49
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

I just heard back from Pitmasters. Their response was:

Our format has yet to be locked, as we haven't determined which bbq contests we'll be filming at yet.

If they are looking at which contests they will be filming at, it sounds like a season 1 format. I don't know how they woild work the season 2 format into a contest.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #50
BC Squared
Full Fledged Farker

Just hope we don't have someone make a fool of himself by throwing a fit and acting like an idiot on national tv again!
BC Squared is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
lcbateman3
is One Chatty Farker

They may do a hybrid. Follow x amount of teams at the same competitions and then have the top two or three for a big purse. Which wouldn't be that bad. I am interested in seeing how it all works out.

BBQ on TV is better than no BBQ on TV. At least I get a chance to see some people I know!

You only fail if you do not try.
lcbateman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #52
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Has any one vetted this at all? The document posted (which is currently off line) is hosted on a website owned by Ray Basso, not John Markus, nor Original Media, nor TLC/Discovery, nor any other producer I would expect. I seem to recall Season 2 being advertised on the TLC website. I'm just asking here, is there any reason to truly believe that this is for Season 3 of Pitmasters? I'd rather not bug Mr. Markus with a question if some one else has already done so.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #53
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
Has any one vetted this at all? The document posted (which is currently off line) is hosted on a website owned by Ray Basso, not John Markus, nor Original Media, nor TLC/Discovery, nor any other producer I would expect. I seem to recall Season 2 being advertised on the TLC website. I'm just asking here, is there any reason to truly believe that this is for Season 3 of Pitmasters? I'd rather not bug Mr. Markus with a question if some one else has already done so.

dmp
John Markus will be interviewed in the next issue of Smoke Signals about the next season, so I guess it's a go. The interview should be occurring over the next couple of days, so I'll post more info when I have it.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #54
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

I spoke to Ray about this. He changed the website to http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit2.htm for some reason and didn't account for "other" forums referencing it. He's changed it back. He also said that the only reason he is hosting the page is that he is doing advertising for the show. Just an FYI.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #55
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

The email to send a video is original media

Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #56
Nordy
On the road to being a farker

Though I much preferred season one... Any BBQ show should benefit BBQ in general. I think they could work a Friday night challenge in addition to a regular competition they were filming at. OR could incorporate footage of actual contests with an outside iron chef style contest.

Who knows.

Whatever the format is... I think it will help promote BBQ

Nordy
Nordy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #57
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge View Post
If it was like season 1, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.. But I can only cook BBQ and not much else, no fancy mac-n-cheese, etc..
Right there with you, besides when Cole Slaw is the determining factor I know I am not down with that...

Good Luck to those that are chosen!!
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Weber Performer
Certified Moink Baller
Past President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #58
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Season three will be

"We will be traveling a show this go around. Thanks!"

from their email

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #59
Mrs. McFrankenboo
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomEmery View Post
Season three will be

"We will be traveling a show this go around. Thanks!"

from their email
Oh Thom, how I love your cryptic messages So does this mean it will be traveling around to competition and follow a few teams at those competitions OR just do their game show format in different locations?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #60
bbqfun
Knows what a fatty is.

Don't mean to highjack but your name came up at Lake Havasu's water edge this weekend Mrs. McFrankenboo. Hummmnnn wonder why?
bbqfun is offline   Reply With Quote