BBQ Brethren "Pick the 4th Ingredient" Throwdown!

Wow ecode! You always come up with such unique ideas; I just can't compete with that...but it's all in fun, well, work (lots of work) is what mine turned out to be! I loved every minute of it, tiresome as it was. You gotta help me be more creative; all I have is my mind/ideas and deguerre's...well, you get the point!:becky:

Stupid work got in the way. But, here is my entry, just in time.

bao.jpg

On the left is a Baozhi in the street bun style. A plain steamed bun made from Pillsbury biscuit dough, cleverly rolled out way too thin, and filled with a roasted chicken thigh and sugar pickled carrots and cucumber. The chicken was marinated in lime and other stuff, then smoked for 1 hour and a little more. It was glazed with cherry hoisin.

On the right is a Gai Bao with tofu, the dough was made from Pillsbury French bread in a tube and stuffed with chicken and tofu smoked on the kettle. More to follow in the cook thread soonish.

Wow! Look at all these great entries!:cool:

A little bird told me that ecode needs to send a sample of the dish for proper review before determining if it is indeed worthy of disqualification.

Did the nails get tender?

Hmmm, that is interesting, especially that part where Gore runs off with a key ingredient. But, I dunno how to play this, since I did indeed say phyllo from a box was to be allowed.

Hmmm, that is interesting, especially that part where Gore runs off with a key ingredient. But, I dunno how to play this, since I did indeed say phyllo from a box was to be allowed.
Oh goodie!:becky: Maybe I still get to DQ someone! For Box-Waffling perhaps? Ooh....I want some waffles.

Chris, if it's not too late I have an alternate plate pic.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 32
Back