Road Trip To "The Jack"...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My wife and I will be hauling our comp trailer out to Lynchburg and would like to hit a couple of top BBQ joints along the way...perhaps even hook up with a brethren or two. Here is our itinerary...if anyone has a great BBQ joint in mind or if you just want to say hi please chime in.

Saturday 16 October...Bozeman, Montana
Sunday 17 October...Mitchell, South Dakota
Monday 18 October...Columbia, Missouri
Tuesday 19 October...Manchester, Tennessee

We're looking forward to hooking up with family and friends and eating some good q along the way...hope to see you all at "The Jack"...:cool:

JD & Rhana

Good luck J.D. and have fun! I'll be cheering you guy's on! Cant wait to start getting Michaels (NW BBQ) play by plays.

Mitchell SD...really?

Yep...really really...:thumb: We're staying the night at the Quality Inn there...then taking a little side trip up to check out Mt. Rushmore...:cool: I hear there is a big Polka festival at the Cow Palace that weekend...that could be a hoot...:becky:

Scotty D lives near Mitchell, SD.

Cool...perhaps he will recommend a good place for dinner. :p

I'll be over and staying in Manchester on the 22nd. Looking forward to being there.

Cool...I hope to run in to you James...if not at the motel then at the Jack. :p Are you bringing any new "toys" with you? :becky:

Cool...I hope to run in to you James...if not at the motel then at the Jack. :p Are you bringing any new "toys" with you? :becky:

Swinestone Cowboys trailer will be there and he will be with I hope I get this right, apologies if I don't Wolfy and the Hog Heaters.. if I have a chance to get it finished in time I may ask if they mind if I leave the new Extreme Smoker with them to do some trial runs on that weekend as its debut:wink:

Yep...really really...:thumb: We're staying the night at the Quality Inn there...then taking a little side trip up to check out Mt. Rushmore...:cool: I hear there is a big Polka festival at the Cow Palace that weekend...that could be a hoot...:becky:

Cool...perhaps he will recommend a good place for dinner. :p

Scotty D lives in Huron, 50 miles from Mitchell....but your side trip concerns me more...Mitchell is 300 miles from Mt Rushmore, you going there on your way in from Montana I hope (vs backtracking for a side trip). Good luck JD...safe travels.

Scotty D lives in Huron, 50 miles from Mitchell....but your side trip concerns me more...Mitchell is 300 miles from Mt Rushmore, you going there on your way in from Montana I hope (vs backtracking for a side trip). Good luck JD...safe travels.

Hmmm...I`ll have to check with my navigator on that one...perhaps she meant on the way...300 miles is a helluva backtrack. Thanks Char!

Yup...I was wrong...we'll be hitting Mt. Rushmore on the way back...stopping in Rapid City, SD for the evening. :redface:

"I hear there is a big Polka festival at the Cow Palace that weekend...that could be a hoot...:becky:"

Oops...my wife just informed me that it is the "Corn Palace"...my apologies to the Mitchell SD folks...:redface:

My wife just finished booking the motels for our return trip...if we don't catch up with anyone on the way out...perhaps on the way back...:p

Here's our return trip itinerary...

10/25/2010 St. Joseph, MO
10/26/2010 Rapid City, SD
10/27/2010 Missoula, MT

Back