• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Farking Krispy Cream Bread Pudding...Pron

Militant83

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
While on my quest to learn more about my favorite style of BBQ "Carolina Style" I started reading a new book I bought called "Holy Smoke, The Big Book of North Carolna BBQ". I came across a recipe for Krispy Cream Bread Pudding. As many of you know bread pudding is a typical desert in many BBQ restaurants.

I love bread pudding so I figured I'd give it a shot and add my own twist to it. I decided to add a traditional vanilla sauce to it. It would also be great with a bourbon sauce as well. I must say it is some of my favorite bread

Every good plate of que needs a good desert plate too.. Enjoy:thumb:

Took one dozen Krispy Creams and chopped them in 1/8ths

IMG_2462640x392_zpse18f8242.jpg

Mixed up and placed in buttered baking dish.

IMG_2463640x427_zpsbd4fa658.jpg

Out of the oven with a vanilla sauce drizzle.

IMG_2467640x427_zpsce781ce7.jpg

The money shot

IMG_2468640x356_zpseba19020.jpg

Last edited:
:hail::jaw::faint2:!!

HOLY FARKIN' COW!!

Don't let Biggie see this!

The recipe calls for 9 day old donuts but you can get the same results by chopping them up like I did and leave them out over night. I didnt have 9 days to wait :becky:

You should cut 2 pieces and put a burger and cheese in between!

Damn that looks great. I can feel myself getting type 2 diabetes just looking at it!

You know ever since I saw Paula make that burger with Krispy Creams I have been wanting to try it.

Lol, I made some, lol, got like 23,000 views from this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUhb0zJDK8"]Glazed Donut Bacon Cheeseburger - YouTube[/ame]

While on my quest to learn more about my favorite style of BBQ "Carolina Style" I started reading a new book I bought called "Holy Smoke, The Big Book of North Carolna BBQ". I came across a recipe for Krispy Cream Bread Pudding. As many of you know bread pudding is a typical desert in many BBQ restaurants.

I love bread pudding so I figured I'd give it a shot and add my own twist to it. I decided to add a traditional vanilla sauce to it. It would also be great with a bourbon sauce as well. I must say it is some of my favorite bread

Every good plate of que needs a good desert plate too.. Enjoy:thumb:

Took one dozen Krispy Creams and chopped them in 1/8ths

IMG_2462640x392_zpse18f8242.jpg

Mixed up and placed in buttered baking dish.

IMG_2463640x427_zpsbd4fa658.jpg

Out of the oven with a vanilla sauce drizzle.

IMG_2467640x427_zpsce781ce7.jpg

The money shot

IMG_2468640x356_zpseba19020.jpg

Need.To.Make.

To think that I am from the home state of Krispy Kreme and I have never seen or heard or thought of making a bread pudding with them... I should be ashamed!! That looks DAMN good. Give me some milk and half that pudding and I would be a happy fat man.

Im sure I will get asked here soon so I will go ahead and post it here is my modified recipe for the above greatness..

Vanilla Sauce
1/2 C Sugar
3 T Brown Sugar
1 T AP Flour
Dash of cinnemon
2 T Butter
1 Egg
1 C Heavy Cream
1/4 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 T Vanilla Extract

Combine everything except vanilla in a sauce pan heat on med heat until incorperated and the sauce is thick. 10-15 min or until it will coat a spoon.

Krispy Cream Bread Pudding

1 DZ Krispy Cream Doughnuts
1 C Heavy Cream
1 C Wole Milk
5 Egg Yolks
1 Whole Egg
1/2 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Chocolate chips

Cut doughnuts into 1/8ths and let sit over night on a baking sheet. Mix above items and pour over doughnut pieces and let sit for 30 min stirring occasionaly. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8x8 baking dish. Pour mixture in baking dish and bake for 45-60 min When you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean its done. Once done either drizzel sauce or drizzle sauceover each individual piece whatever you prefer.

I used a water bath but it is not required. I also covered at the 3/4 mark to keep the top from getting too dark.

HOLY COW, must make this, love bread pudding can imagine how good this will be.:icon_smile_tongue:

i rarely eat deserts, but I love bread pudding. I would have done a bourbon sauce, to warm up the sweetness from all that sugar, but I can imagine KK donuts working as the bread in the bread pudding.

CD

That looks pharking fantastic. Unfortunately there are no krispy kreme stores in Alaska, so I will have to live vicariously through your post.

Back