MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
CarbonToe
is One Chatty Farker

Default Humans taste of bacon, says gourmet robot

Humans taste of bacon, says gourmet robot

Hmmm, delicious

By Lester Haines
Published Friday 10th November 2006 14:03 GMT

There's a commonly-held belief that just about every animal on Earth tastes of chicken* - except, of course, those which taste like steak, or bacon.

In the latter category, according to popular myth, are people - something only Uruguayan rugby players know for certain.

Until now, that is, because NEC earlier this year unveiled its Health and Food Advice Robot which was primarily designed to discern fine wines, but can also sniff out cheese and meats.
It's all pretty straightforward tech: stick a bit of nosh in front of the robogourmet's infrared spectrometer and it analyses the reflected light to determine the chemical composition of the sample. A nice trick, although it can only be programmed to accurately identify a few dozen wines.

Innocent enough, you may think. However, when NEC demonstrated the cybersommelier to a reporter and snapper from Associated Press, the robot claimed the former's hand tasted of prosciutto ham, while the latter apparently had the unmistakable whiff of bacon about him.
Further comment is not necessary, except to warn neoLuddite Resistance Army activists to keep a sharp eye out for Japanese robots wielding frying pans, thick slices of crusty bread and bottles of brown sauce

Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
breambuster
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Not many people are going to understand the Uruguayan soccer team elusion, unfortunately I am one of the 30 somehtings that saw that movie in the theatres. I also remember the eating of Uruguayan "BUTT"...Your elusion is not lost but probably underappreciated by a group of slackjawed troglodytes...Happy Smoking!!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by breambuster
Your elusion is not lost but probably underappreciated by a group of slackjawed troglodytes
Huh? WhatyewtalkinboutWillis?

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

hmmm, buckboard human? Might just work.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
CarbonToe
is One Chatty Farker

Hickory and Apple or Hickory and Cherry?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
nonthink
Full Fledged Farker

I’ve seen a news program once where this guy was locked up for some pretty crazy chit including cannibalism. One of the questions he was asked was “what does it taste like?” and he said it’s kinda like pork loin. I guess we’re the other, other white meat.

Also

My friends and I often had many a drunkin’ discussion around a campfire regarding the question “If cannibalism was socially acceptable, which race of people would taste the best?” We for the most part decided on Brazilians. The thinking being that they had a good fat to meat ratio. If you were looking for something with a high fat content, Eskimos would be the way to go. Need something on the leaner side then Africans would be your best bet. And Americans would be breed for the fast food chains.

AND…

Would we keep them penned up, or would it be more like a free-range kind of thing?

“Can I have a McHuman please with a side of fries?”

WSM w\ Stoker
Char-Broil Silver Smoker
Smokey Joe Gold
Weber Kettle (18 in.)
Kingsford Kettle (it came w\ the house)
Kenmore Gasser (I've grown tired of being a charcoal purest)
nonthink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
MrMike
On the road to being a farker

Of course humans love bacon! I mean REALLY love it!

From today's NY Post:

"Considering that the world's most famous martini drinker hits movie theaters this week, perhaps it's time to take a look at how perverted the drink has become. And the Bacon Martini, unappetizing and unkosher, may be the best place to start.

"Nowadays if you pour straight liquor into a martini glass, it's called a martini," admits Double Down owner P. Moss, whose bacon creation is made by marinating three strips of fine-cured Tennessee bacon in vodka for 24 hours, then straining it through shaken ice. It's served in martini glass, with a piece of bacon on the bottom like a tequila worm."

And the recipe still isn't written in stone -

"Lightly mist martini glass with vermouth, and rim the edge with bacon grease. In a cocktail shaker, mix 3oz vodka, one dash Tabasco, and one dash olive juice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Skim excess bacon grease from surface of cocktail. Garnish with one slice of bacon." ...from slashfood.com.

Ye can't have yer puddin' if you don't drink yer meat!!

Mike