28 day dry aged sirloin tip

W

wildfire00

Oh beef, how I love thy. Lol. I have just recently finished another dry aging excursion. This time it was a 10 lbs Sirloin Tip. I did it just the same as last time, except this time I did a 28 day age as opposed to the 14 day age that I did previously. All I can say is WOW, what a difference two weeks makes in the taste. This is probably the most flavor from a piece of unseasoned meat that you can probably ever experience. The depth of flavor is amazing; the meat itself is pretty tender. But that nutty smell and taste is what makes it all worth it.

I had my fridge at a stable 3 degrees so as to avoid any spoilage. Kept the door closed as much as possible. I only check the meat every 2-3 days, just to make sure it’s not sitting there roting. Well roting in a bad way. Really what we are doing is spoiling the meat, but it is a controlled spoil. So this time after I trimmed away all of the uneditable meat and cut this badboy down in to some great steaks, I then set some aside to do some jerky. Now because I wanted to taste the meat and not the marinade, all I did was season with a bit of salt and pepper. I placed the strips in my dehydrator for 6.5 hours and viola, some of the best tasting jerky you could ever want.

In my opinion, everybody should be doing this. No way to world peace like a great piece of beef on your plate. There are a couple articles related to this on my site from previous posts so I am not going to go over everything again in this post. But I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did

take care and keep the fire hot.

Awesome stuff. let us know how it tastes. Also wondering how much waste?

Did you just keep it in the frige (35 - 40 degrees), no salt cure? Looks awesome! I don't know I could wait 28 days....

Back