New Fireboard Questions

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All I'm receiving my Fireboard today, any hints or links I can go to make the set up painless.:clap2:. I'm also getting the fan cable.
Thanks Dan

Awesome! It's been a while since I got mine, but I don't remember it being particularly difficult. Their quick start guide is well written and simple. You'll need to know your SSID of your network and WiFi password, as well as pair it to your phone via bluetooth. Somewhere in there you set up an account on fireboard.io, so you can monitor your cooks via a webpage. Other than putting it on the charger when you get it, that's about it!

Oh, and some pics of it in action. :)

And don't forget to download the app. If you know your way around a computer it is straight forward. Also if at any time you need help, Fireboard customer service is awesome.

Hi All Questions, Here we go :) I can set alerts on my computer screen but not on the phone App?
It was real easy to set up so far. I won't be smoking for a couple of days, so I've got some time to figure it out with a little help from you guys/girls.
THanks Dan
I did E mail Fireboard customer service. I don't think any one will be there over the week end.

I can set alerts on my computer screen but not on the phone App?

Yes you can. In the app tap on "detail view", then tap on the displayed temperature. In the next screen you can add an alert.

Fireboard

Yes you can. In the app tap on "detail view", then tap on the displayed temperature. In the next screen you can add an alert.

Hi All I had no trouble setting alerts/temps from my computer screen but not from the phone app. Once temps are set on my computer I change them form the app
I still can't put the temps/alerts from the start on the app. Get detail view up on the app, the alert screen does come up with, click to add alert when I do this what shows
Manage alert values below
Temperature Settings
Max temp
Min Temp
When I tap either one nothing happens?

I think i got it now. I was tapping on temps now when I tap the space next to temps it work. I hope it keeps on working.

THanks DanB

Last edited:
Hi All I had no trouble setting alerts/temps from my computer screen but not from the phone app. Once temps are set on my computer I change them form the app
I still can't put the temps/alerts from the start on the app. Get detail view up on the app, the alert screen does come up with, click to add alert when I do this what shows
Manage alert values below
Temperature Settings
Max temp
Min Temp
When I tap either one nothing happens?

I think i got it now. I was tapping on temps now when I tap the space next to temps it work. I hope it keeps on working.

THanks DanB

Exactly, tap to the right in the open space. You can change the alarm the same way. When you're done with your cook/alarm, make sure you click the trash can on the left or it will keep alarming.

Fireboard

Hi All I used the Fireboard for the 1st time yesterday..When it worked it was excellent, but had problems with it losing data on my phone,.The controller was reading all the probes.It did keep the WSM 22 temps solid, the food temps were off some,may have to recalibrate the food probes? Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I will call Fireboard today to fix the loss data problem.
Dan

What do you mean by losing data on the phone? Did you have wifi or mobile data enabled on the phone? If you were only using BT, you might loose connection.

What do you mean by losing data on the phone? Did you have wifi or mobile data enabled on the phone? If you were only using BT, you might loose connection.

Hi I did have Wifi working on my phone.I called Fireboard and spoke with Steve, we are on our way to fix this problem..Fireboards customer service/Steve has been excellent so far..Made my decision to go with Fireboard a very good. Would do it again in a heart beat..
THanks DanB

And don't forget to download the app. If you know your way around a computer it is straight forward. Also if at any time you need help, Fireboard customer service is awesome.

Love my new fireboard compared to the Maverick. App is great. Website is there for monitoring temps as well
Just want to say their tech support was slow and unhelpful for me
I didn’t understand the alerts and they took days to get back to me.
All they did was send me links to their manual. The same manual I was having trouble understanding.

Mark

Fireboard

Hi I think I got it working good now.It/Fireboard finally accepted my router password and connected. Still testing it out, I did loose a connection and I had to reenter my router password which is a MPIA!!
I took Fireboard out to lunch with me and the temps kept on showing. Hope it keeps working.
Thanks Dan

Fireboard

Love my new fireboard compared to the Maverick. App is great. Website is there for monitoring temps as well
All they did was send me links to their manual. The same manual I was having trouble understanding.

Mark

Hi So far I've had great tech support from Fireboard. I was having problems connecting to my router for Wifi we got it fixed.
I would rank Fireboard tech support in my top 3.
PS Alerts are next on my list to understand also.
DanB

Last edited:

Mark

Mark, I'm really sorry to hear that. Like Dan said, customer service for me was great. I only needed to call once and they helped me out with the wifi connection until I was done and comfortable with it.

Mark, I'm really sorry to hear that. Like Dan said, customer service for me was great. I only needed to call once and they helped me out with the wifi connection until I was done and comfortable with it.

Just a bad day I think.
The device is amazing. It crazy about the waterproof box
The cover on the ports is a pain

I am happy to see all of the great comments on this thread. I did order my new fire board today. So I am very confident that this is going to work in tech support is going to be great. Pig farmer had to show off his fireboard this weekend. I'm excited to see all of the things that can be done with it.
Thanks for the thread Dan!!

I would highly suggest ordering the probe organizer. Each 1 holds 2 probes.

Back