shrimp and grits?

M

miamirick

whos got a good recipe for shrimp and grits i have been seeing alot about it lately but need a good recipie \

i just boil my shrimp in zatterans shrimp boil and then just dump them in the grits!! a little cheese does not hurt!!:thumb:

cowgirl i just reviewed your thread and as always i say (even if it is not politically corrct) you are the man!

cowgirl i just reviewed your thread and as always i say (even if it is not politically corrct) you are the man!

lol I'll take that as a compliment.... Thank you! :-D

I make a very dirty roux, then add in chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and a little
garlic. Saute. Add in some bacon (already cooked, and chopped). Thin with a little
chicken broth. While doing this, cook seasoned shrimp in a little bacon grease.
In plate, put a bunch of grits, then spoon the saute'd mixture in the center, and line
with shrimp. NO CHEESE.

When I was in Savannah I had the most amazing Shrimp and Grits. The grits were a fried cake and shrimp gravy was poured over that.

I recreated it on my blog as MOINK Balls and Grits with a side note on how to used shrimp instead.

I don't have the link handy on mi iPhone I'll post it when I get home but if you hit my blog and then the MOINK category you should find it with ease.

Back