Sturgis

S

Slow Joe's

Hello all,
I have a good chance of vending in Sturgis at the rally. I have done some small vending jobs and I am in no way thinking this is even remotely similar. I am asking if any of you all have vended there? What can we expect to take for food quantities? How much help might be needed? What type of things can I expect. I believe we will be just outside of town on the main drag.
I know this is a huge job but it sounds like an awful lot of fun and a great experience.
Any help, tips, and suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Joe

Tatoos! You need some tattoos!

Which I had a serious response for you!

Get you two or three of the best looking biker babes you can find to take the orders.
Dave

The hell with the biker babes, You need a grill crew like this.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine took this photo at the Playboy mansion in SoCal at a charity fundraiser for Parkinson's Disease. He also sponsors my wife & I for our Team In training cancer functions (marathons and century bike rides to raise money for cancer victims).

I think this thread may need to be moved to the wood pile after that photo. OOPS. Sorry!

Make sure you have your canopies, I don't know how hot it will be, but believe me they are worth it.

I will be there (got rooms already). I don't know what it's like to vend, but there are 500,000 bikers there for a week!!!!!!
If I had the connectiosn, I would do it, too.
Need Help?
Have Smoker Will Travel!!!
I can pull my Lang 84 with my Scoot in back of the Twuck!!!
Need my #?
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have a 30' trailer with an FE500. A lot of the meat will be pre cooked and vacuum sealed. We will probably rent a refrigerated truck also.
So it won't be 15 3/4 racks in a Bar-B-Chef then. :cool: Let's just say a chitload! What type of eating acomidations will you have? I think that would be something to consider when planning menu. I would consider Kickass offer. Might be good to have a knowledgeable assistant even to be able to take a break. That is if you want to be associated with his kind.

After reading on another forum about a guy that did BBQ at Sturgis, I DON'T WANNA HELP!!!!! He said he would never do it again.
That's enough for me.
I am going to go to Sturgis to Ride, drink Whiskey, take Pics 'O Chicks and PARTY!!!!!
I BBQ about 4 times a week now. I don't need that practice.
We don neee no steeenking BBQ!!!!
PARTY!!!!

After reading on another forum about a guy that did BBQ at Sturgis, I DON'T WANNA HELP!!!!! He said he would never do it again.
That's enough for me.
I am going to go to Sturgis to Ride, drink Whiskey, take Pics 'O Chicks and PARTY!!!!!
I BBQ about 4 times a week now. I don't need that practice.
We don neee no steeenking BBQ!!!!
PARTY!!!!

Well I would still like to meet ya. When we find out where we'll be and if the offer is a sure thing, we'll post it.
Later,
Joe

Slow!!!!!
I will be there all week. And, I certainly want to meet you. You will undoubtedly be the ONLY guy there that has good BBQ.
I'll be hungry and bring friends!!!!!!
See Ya there!!
ed

Back