Wagyu chuck roast... suggestions??

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
Plan on putting this on the pellet muncher tonight before bed for a long low n slow. Will be used for tomorrow’s lunch. Applied a liberal coating of Q-Salt this morning and it’s currently soaking up that salty goodness in the fridge. Thinking of just treating this like a brisket cook. Thinking about wrapping in butcher paper in the morning til done. How would YOU proceed?
58e8f2c88230c844c015b8ac7ee7c92c.jpg

6a46b074e190012b6be2c22c13623d5f.jpg

Simplest is to just treat it like a small pork shoulder... better is to catch juices under with some veg of your choosing under (mushrooms peppers onions for me) and wrap in the usual stall zone/color looks good and then do pulled beefs with the veg sammmys... OR take it a little shy of pulled (185-195 IT per your liking) Slice thin and then throw everyone on your flattop and griddle to finish for Sammmys.... whatever you do it’s gonna be GOOOOOD!!!!

Simplest is to just treat it like a small pork shoulder... better is to catch juices under with some veg of your choosing under (mushrooms peppers onions for me) and wrap in the usual stall zone/color looks good and then do pulled beefs with the veg sammmys... OR take it a little shy of pulled (185-195 IT per your liking) Slice thin and then throw everyone on your flattop and griddle to finish for Sammmys.... whatever you do it’s gonna be GOOOOOD!!!!

Great suggestion! Think that’ll be my method next round. Wanna taste nothing but the beef this time :)

The juice is running out of the corner of my screen from those pictures! Well, maybe I am just drooling? Either way, that looks delicious! :hungry:

Back