What is the best commercial seasoning and sauce

Smookey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding bbq pork ribs so

What is the best commercial seasoning and sauce out side there?

How much you buy and how much you pay

I am thinking about adding bbq pork ribs so

What is the best commercial seasoning and sauce out side there?

How much you buy and how much you pay

Oakridge BBQ has the Best rubs I have found so far! I feel the price and service is fair. https://www.oakridgebbq.com/

For ribs I like Oak ridge's Beef and pork comp or Secret weapon. I hear the dominator sweet rub is great for pork ribs. I have a 6 oz pack of that but I haven't tried it yet

I don't use much sauce but Sweet baby rays is my favorite.

Ah man there's a ton of options out there. The best thing to do is find something you like and buy it in bulk (5 pound bags). A lot of people rant and rave about oak ridge rubs.

Smookey,

I am sure you will get many recommendations, but the key is not only what we like, but why we like it. This may help you make a more educated decision.

The best rub/sauce in the world is the rub you like best, not always what others like. The like or dislike of any rub is a matter of personal taste. Our taste is very subjective to so many influential factors;

Culture - Our nationality and culture defines specific types of cooking which uses specific flavors and spices.

Region - In the United States, as well as around the world, different regions are know for different tastes

Personal - Personal tastes are as diverse as the day is long. Some like sweet, some like salty, some like heat, and others in combinations.

Personal tastes and likes are the most subjective factors in creating a good rub or sauce. Because personal tastes are so diverse, you may love the rub, but others may dislike it.

So my recommendation is to try Oakridge BBQ Rubs... Why? Because they have a lower salt and sugar content that the other rubs I have tried. Less salt and sugar means more spices, more spices mean more flavor to impart.

You can Contact Mike directly to buy in bulk....

If you are looking for something different, try these hand-crafted quality rubs that are far from the ordinary rubs, order some Oakridge rubs and won't leave you disappointed.

For those who do not wish to order a large amount of rub to try, OakRidge sells sample packets that offer you a chance to try a variety of rubs for less than the cost of a single rub.
https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product-tag/sample/

The Oakridge BBQ company is based in Kearney, Missouri, near the barbecue mecca of Kansas Ciy. They grew the company out of an award-winning competition team that began in 2002. Among many other awards, they hold a coveted perfect 180 score in pork ribs.

As far as sauce, Head Country is a non-sweet savory Texas style sauce which is available in Original (mild) or Hot. It is available though a variety of distributors, Atlanta BBQ Store, BBQ Super Store, just to name a few who are Brethren here.

Head Country is available in gallon jugs as well.

Last edited:
Oakridge BBQ has the Best rubs I have found so far! I feel the price and service is fair. https://www.oakridgebbq.com/

For ribs I like Oak ridge's Beef and pork comp or Secret weapon. I hear the dominator sweet rub is great for pork ribs. I have a 6 oz pack of that but I haven't tried it yet

I don't use much sauce but Sweet baby rays is my favorite.

Thanks but Oak ridge sounds pricey to be used for commercial operations.
any views about Cattlemen's bbq sauce

Hmm. I'm sorry I must of misunderstood your first post! Didn't realize you were looking at rubs for commercial use. That sir I couldn't help ya with.

But still I would say oak ridge is the best rub out there.

I love the lower salt/sugar content of their rubs

Smooky. I agree about Oakridge. Maybe you could set up a high volume price with kcmike who is a well respected member and throwdown sponsor on this site as is another Rub Master known as Steph who rocks Simply Marvelous Rubs and is also a well respected member of this fine site. OR you can continue to be the AzzHat that youve been since youve been here of late and go somewhere else. The BBQ Brethren try to Respect each other ...Try it. It works.

Smooky. I agree about Oakridge. Maybe you could set up a high volume price with kcmike who is a well respected member and throwdown sponsor on this site as is another Rub Master known as Steph who rocks Simply Marvelous Rubs and is also a well respected member of this fine site. OR you can continue to be the AzzHat that youve been since youve been here of late and go somewhere else. The BBQ Brethren try to Respect each other ...Try it. It works.

I am not sure who is you and why you would write something like that. When I read the first two sentences of your post I thought I will contact those people. but all of the sudden you turned impolite and vulgar over very simple post and question. Perhaps you should try to be respectable yourself and see if it works. Actually your comment reflects badly on the two people mentioned in the post. very low tier at best

I am not sure who is you and why you would write something like that. When I read the first two sentences of your post I thought I will contact those people. but all of the sudden you turned impolite and vulgar over very simple post and question. Perhaps you should try to be respectable yourself and see if it works. Actually your comment reflects badly on the two people mentioned in the post. very low tier at best

Clearly a troll. Don't feed it.

Dickeys BBQ sauce. $4.99/bottle or free if you eat at a Dickeys and ask for a to go container.

Not sure what happened that caused that curve ball in the thread above. But, I will say you need to figure out what flavor profile you like and it will help narrow down what we can suggest. Some like sweet. Some like savory. We (my family) like spicy. So, my suggestions might not be to your liking. So, a little more information please...

I like Plowboys Yardbird OR harry soo's rub cept i can't seem to find it in 5lb bags anymore so i am only using yardbird.. For sauce i used to LOVE big mo pritchett's but i think he died or something, it just disappeared. So now i use sweet baby rays but i add a little cayenne and vinegar to make it much much better

Mod Note:

Once again I wake up to Brothers calling other Brothers azzhats and trolls! This is NOT the way we treat people here. If you can't answer a simple question without attacking another member, then move on and don't post! If a post breaks our rules (and BTW, the guy you folks are attacking did not break any rules), then report the post and let the mod team determine what action, if any, is needed.

I'm pretty sure that you are all adults, so act like it!

Moderator note: We would really like the name calling to stop now!!!
If it continues us MODS will take measures to stop this kind of talk.
Thank you in advance.

Smookey, the suggestions above are good ones, but 95% of the guys who hang out in QTalk are either backyard or competition cooks, and are not familiar with rubs available for commercial purposes. I'm going to move this thread to the Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses section.

One other thought. Brother Philw with Pork Mafia makes some very good rubs and he does sell in bulk packaging to quite a few restaurants. It's worth giving him a call to see what he can do for you. I would also contact Oakridge, Simply Marvelous and Plowboys to see what options they have for bulk purchase. They make excellent products, so don't let one guy on here push you away from them because of his attitude.

Make your own rubs and sauce it's much cheaper and it's easy.

If you're trying to use commercial sauces and rubs, you wont find much that will fit your budget for large quantities. There are hundreds of rub and sauce recipes on this forum you can experiment with. If you dont want to make sauce from scratch buy a sauce from your supplier and doctor it up to be the flavor you want.

I'm tired of dealing with blindsided out of left field attacks that do nothing but piss people off, cause multiple members to start reporting useless or obnoxious posts and spin up the moderators.. So from this point I WILL ban the sorry ass of anyone who draws first blood for no good reason.

This is bullchit.. I'm cooking for Superbowl and have to deal with childish uncalled for crap.

Yes.. This is a warning.. :mod:

Last edited:
Commercial rubs will be too expensive in the long run, for sure. You own a restaurant so I am sure you have access to commercial spices at wholesale prices. I advise making your own.

If you really want to cook "real BBQ" Go out and get Aaron franklins book it is all explained there. You may not approve of his Q but he knows how to Q and run a business to make $$$

Depends on how much you go through, but when buying you are paying for salt and sugar added to the combination. Bulk form prices are from 4 to 8 bucks a pound so thats what you are paying for the percentage of the cheaper ingredients. I make up in a 5 gal pal the basics of salt pepper onion garlic paprika add some herbs later to match up with the meat or pork. Then if using for smoking add sugar/ turbinado , for grilling no sugar. I have a base then go from there. Basic rubs really work, as when I went real deep with flavor it went past the people.
For sauce a 5 gal pal of Sweet baby rays is only 40 bucks, thats 8 a gal. Cattlemans is about the same. You cant buy tomatoe base / ketchup and make it for this price, not only that the people accross the country like it. What I do though is blend different sauces together or cider vinegar to come up with unique flavor profiles to call our own. I tried making all my own but when it came to sauce it cost me more. The rubs you caN SAVE MONEY. Good luck..

Back